PDA

View Full Version : CHUMP: 'Ere, he says he's not dead.

detruncate
09-18-2005, 06:34 PM
My poker hiatus apparently wasn't all inclusive -- my HU luckbox status remains intact. detruncate defeats BatsShadow. Good match sir. Variance wasn't kind to you.

So... do we have to play again due to double loss format (it's the esteemed mssr. BatsShadow's first loss), or does that play out across brackets?

MILF creeps forward. How goes CHUMP?

cold_cash
09-18-2005, 07:46 PM
I thought you guys were in the loser's bracket, so the winner of your match would have to beat the winner of our match twice.

Of course, I don't really know.

I don't know who is going to represent out bracket. I was willing to forfeit, but I haven't heard anything from SomethingClever, so I don't know if he wants to carry the torch or if he wants me to.

Rev. Good Will
09-18-2005, 07:49 PM
firefly and myself tried having our match a week ago... due to no available tables one night, and me being a tard and not knowing when one of my classes end another night meant we didn't play yet.

wanna give it another go firefly?

SomethingClever
09-18-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought you guys were in the loser's bracket, so the winner of your match would have to beat the winner of our match twice.

I don't know who is going to represent out bracket. I was willing to forfeit, but I haven't heard anything from SomethingClever, so I don't know if he wants to carry the torch or if he wants me to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you were ahead after our last 500 hands or so. You should move on.. you came wayyyy back to take the lead and put me in a hole.

detruncate
09-19-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No... the conferences were on equal footing, each with a winners and losers bracket. I assumed this meant that: (a) the respecitve losers bracketers who made it through to the CHUMP or MILF conference championships would have to win twice to take the conference; (b) if one league finalist went undefeated and the other came through with one loss, the previous loser would have to win twice to take the belt -- not sure about (b), though, if the championship was intended to be decided via multi-game series.

Bah. I'm not sure at this point if I want closure or fear it. Not sure what I'll do without a CHUMP match to put off playing.

MrWookie47
10-25-2005, 03:52 PM
Speaking of bumping threads of HU leagues with fading interest....BUMP!

Am I ever going to get to give someone a custom title?

SomethingClever
10-25-2005, 04:11 PM
I'll play if I'm supposed to play. Let me know.

MrWookie47
10-25-2005, 04:46 PM
I dug up the old brackets from here. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=micro&Number=2767017)

It looks like you need to play Firefly for the championship of your bracket (unless you have already). Apparently detruncate has already beaten Batshadow, so the winner of the Fire v. Clever match will play detruncate for all the marbles.

detruncate
10-25-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dug up the old brackets from here. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=micro&Number=2767017)

It looks like you need to play Firefly for the championship of your bracket (unless you have already). Apparently detruncate has already beaten Batshadow, so the winner of the Fire v. Clever match will play detruncate for all the marbles.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lost the rematch. BatsShadow is the MILF champ.

MrWookie47
10-25-2005, 05:07 PM
OK, so if SC beats FF, that's it, SC plays BS. If FF wins, they play again, and THAT match determines who plays BS? Regardless, we have <= 3 matches to get this thing over. Let's do it and crown the victor!

BatsShadow
10-25-2005, 05:32 PM
Ironically, I actually PMed somethingclever or maybe firefly about this yesterday.

And I'm very proud to be the MILF champion, btw :smug: