09-18-2005, 06:26 PM
Options 5-8 are unnecessary.

shant
09-18-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This poll is unnecessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

09-18-2005, 06:36 PM
If you can say that, how come you just can't answer the question or ignore it? forget about 5-8, what do you think? Question too simple?

09-18-2005, 06:40 PM
Thanks, I can read. See how well I type?

NLSoldier
09-18-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Options 2-8 are unnecessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Justin A
09-18-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Options are unnecessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tomdemaine
09-18-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
unnecessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

mostsmooth
09-18-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
unnecessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

shant
09-18-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
YSSCKY

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BoxTree
09-18-2005, 08:10 PM
There are more cheaters online than at B&M.

Hope that helps.

09-18-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
unnecessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

UN necessary? I dont know this is Brick and Mortar not Politics. Cant you read

Al_Capone_Junior
09-18-2005, 11:53 PM
There is only one answer here that is correct. However, the poll results might be more telling than the question itself, so I'll keep quiet for now.

al

chesspain
09-19-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This poster is unnecessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

09-19-2005, 12:53 AM
Hey Al Capone Junior: No matter what your opinion, I would like to thank you for giving an intelligent and thought-provoking response. What's "telling" about the question? On another note; what do the "quote" boxes with nothing else mean? If you know. Thank you again for your answer.

09-19-2005, 01:00 AM
Hey Shant. What's all this cryptic stuff? Is that the way to make a quote? So where is your quote? what's with the initials? Are they hard words to spell out? If you really want to tell somebody something, unless you have something to fear, you SPELL IT OUT!!

09-19-2005, 01:16 AM
To all you "Quoters", Don't be like sheep. or, Monkey see, monkey do.

tonypaladino
09-19-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Shant. What's all this cryptic stuff? Is that the way to make a quote? So where is your quote? what's with the initials? Are they hard words to spell out? If you really want to tell somebody something, unless you have something to fear, you SPELL IT OUT!!

[/ QUOTE ]

YSSCKY

Kaeser
09-19-2005, 02:16 AM
Well obviously some people cheat at poker or at least try to. but if more then 10% cheated you'd have one cheater at practically every table you sat at in the card room.

BoxTree
09-19-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
See how well I type?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose it would be okay to randomly capitalize nouns if you were flipping between German and English.

NLSoldier
09-19-2005, 02:41 AM
this thread is...

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6451/fab4he.jpg

seriously, i just laughed out loud for like 5 straight minutes at the progression of quotes and then the OPs confusion.

ddss6_99
09-19-2005, 08:44 AM
In the words of Carlos Mencia, "YOU'RE FKN RETARDEDDDDD!!!""

09-19-2005, 11:47 AM
I don't think setting up this poll was a good way to get the answer/discussion you intended. The spread between none and 10% itself is too large and the rest of it, up to everybody, is ludicrous.

The answer depends on what you call cheating. Do you mean marking cards at the table? Peeking at another players hole cards when that other player is not careful in protecting them? Trying to short the pot? Shooting angles? What did you have in mind?

I'd suggest you start another, more specific thread.

09-19-2005, 11:50 AM
I voted 'everybody'.

Just for kicks.

tonypaladino
09-19-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I voted 'everybody'.

Just for kicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too

Al_Capone_Junior
09-19-2005, 12:56 PM
What's telling about the question, and more importantly, the answers given and the poll results, is that people's perceptions on this subject are more important than the actual facts.

As for empty quote boxes, I have no idea, maybe those posters just need to be kicked in the nuts.

al

ReptileHouse
09-19-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As for empty quote boxes, I have no idea, maybe those posters just need to be kicked in the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't express how tempting it was to just quote this w/o any extra text just for the irony.

09-19-2005, 04:22 PM
No, Howard, the poll is just fine the way it is. If you think that less than 10%of people cheat, then that's YOUR answer. Someone else may feel that it's more or less, that's why ALL THE OTHER OPTIONS ARE THERE!!! This poll is not just for YOU. Furthermore, it is an OPINION POLL, which you can or cannot take part in. It is your option.The question asked was how many people do YOU believe cheat? Cheating is cheating, whether you want to blame the other person because You look at their cards, is again a personal decision. Each one of us knows what is right and what is wrong. I also think that the word "intentionally" was inserted into the question for that purpose. Some people believe there are poker groups, just like there are slot groups. There are lots of varying opinions. I would certainly like to hear some of them instead of this b....... I've been getting. Someone suggested that those with the empty quote boxes need a kick in the nuts. Well, here goes.....FWWUUUKK. I think that's how it might sound. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

09-19-2005, 04:38 PM
Hey ddss6 99, in the words of another poker great, "If you can't spot a sucker at the table in the first 5 minutes, YOU'RE IT!!!. As for the name calling, if that's the best you can do, you should get up from your computer and go out into the world 'cause your name-calling repertoire needs some serious upgrading.

09-19-2005, 04:44 PM
Uh-oh, this has devolved to both name calling and Rounders quotes.

Abort thread! Abort!

09-19-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Uh-oh, this has devolved to both name calling and Rounders quotes.

Abort thread! Abort!

[/ QUOTE ]

Which provides an intro to another poll: What is the average amount of time it takes at a low-stakes B&M game for some idiot to make a Rounders reference? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

09-19-2005, 05:51 PM
Yeah, isn't it a shame though, you can't ask a simple question without all the a..h.... coming out of the woodwork. I say either take the opportunity to express your opinion or SKIP THE THREAD!! Duh!!! This is my first time posting on this site, and I'll tell you, the rudness has been unbelievable!!! Don't people have anything better to do than be rude to their "fellow man". What is your definition of IDIOT anyway, and how would you know? We really should be careful what we say to others because we're sometimes talking out loud about our opinions of ourselves. You know, Look before you leap. Think before you speak.

09-19-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, isn't it a shame though, you can't ask a simple question without all the a..h.... coming out of the woodwork. I say either take the opportunity to express your opinion or SKIP THE THREAD!! Duh!!! This is my first time posting on this site, and I'll tell you, the rudness has been unbelievable!!! Don't people have anything better to do than be rude to their "fellow man". What is your definition of IDIOT anyway, and how would you know? We really should be careful what we say to others because we're sometimes talking out loud about our opinions of ourselves. You know, Look before you leap. Think before you speak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to respond and say that I never attacked your original question...but then I realized it was you who quoted Rounders, so I understand the hostility. It wasn't at the table, though! Eh, que sera sera.

09-19-2005, 06:36 PM
Did you take the time to read the thread that incited the quote? Based on your response, probably not. Try again. and you're right, you're not at the table. Too bad.

NLSoldier
09-19-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

09-19-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, Howard, the poll is just fine the way it is. If you think that less than 10%of people cheat, then that's YOUR answer. Someone else may feel that it's more or less, that's why ALL THE OTHER OPTIONS ARE THERE!!! This poll is not just for YOU.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't attacking you, I was trying to be sincerely helpful. You set it up your way and look at the results you got. I assume that the replies aren't what you wanted and suggested a way to get them. Once you put *everybody* into the poll, which would cause all the responders who clicked it to admit to cheating it became an object of derision which is what you got a lot of. The rest of the large numbers are just plain silly, opinions or no. I wouldn't take such a poll seriously and apparently neither did many others.

A last word. My style is to be helpful, not to flame. If I respond to you in the future please bear that in mind.

erby
09-19-2005, 10:26 PM
I think quite a few people soft play eachother if they are friends, or kick eachother to let them know they have AA KK... but what's important to realize is that the people who need to cheat and risk it are not that good at playing poker, and necessarily will suck at cheating also, since they don't even understand how they could cheat to drastically affect their win rate...

I THINK A LOT OF IDIOTS CHEAT AND STILL LOSE...WHICH IS AWESOME

ERBY /images/graemlins/spade.gif

erby
09-19-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, isn't it a shame though, you can't ask a simple question without all the a..h.... coming out of the woodwork.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does someone with 13 posts (one of which was a rounders quote) and a poll where everything other than none or less than 10% is absolutely ridiculous come off claiming people are coming out of the woodwork...

09-20-2005, 10:19 AM
Statistics say about 25 percent of married men and 17 percent of married women cheat.

Wait, were we talking about poker?

09-20-2005, 02:23 PM
Hey Huenix, You're cute. I got more of a smile with this one. Thanks.

09-20-2005, 02:54 PM
Hey Howard, thank you so much for at least caring enough to let me know that your mission is not to inflame. Too bad others aren't as consciencous. We won't know what the results of the poll are til later, but thankfully more people answered the poll than responded with words. It started out as just a question that I was curious to know people's opinion about. I was unaware that there was any kind of protocol or format or something that I should follow in order not to be called a lot of names and have people be as ridiculous as they say the poll was. Well, we'll see later if there were more serious answers than the thread would lead us to believe. I still disagree with you, though about the other numbers, simply because I was trying to cover the range of varying opinions. But at this juncture Howard, let's just agree to disagree, and believe me, I do appreciate the time you have taken to at least be civl, and that means more than you know. Judging from the negative irresponsible, having-nothing-to-do-with-the-poll responses, you're in the minority, which appears to be a good thing. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quicksilvre
09-20-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, Howard, the poll is just fine the way it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Thinking that almost 10% of people cheat at poker is drastically different than thinking that 0.0005% of people cheat at poker. They are lumped in the same category.

Second of all, "cheat" isn't that well-defined. Do you mean someone who consistantly maks cards etc. or someone who might soft-play a friend once in a while?

pokerdirty
09-20-2005, 05:27 PM
and to think this thread got 1 star...

tonypaladino
09-21-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]