EjnarPik folds.
poohsucram calls (50)
v00v00 folds.
ZdaFlop calls (50)
Triple__D calls (25)
Seat11 checks.

** Dealing Flop ** : [ 5d, 8c, 6d ]
Triple__D bets (222)

I look up and I have to make a choice quick (5 other tables running)

I see the flush draw right away and I see the inside. Folding is probably the best option.

Instead I get FPS, and decide that I want to see a turn. I have a ton of cards that will hit me very well. There are a lot of ways I can win this without hitting too.

I formulate a gameplan.
cold calling seems like maybe I have a monster. I am in bad shape if I get too much action, but my stack will still be manageable if I have to abort.

My plan is to be HU on the turn and checked to me by the intial better where I will push the turn behind him. If I pick up a good turn re-analyze the situation. If I hit I value bet. If I miss I fold and deal with my short stack.

** Dealing Flop ** : [ 5d, 8c, 6d ]
Triple__D bets (222)
Seat11 calls (222)(Leaving me 483)
poohsucram folds.
ZdaFlop folds.
** Dealing Turn ** : [ Ts ]
Triple__D bets (444)

I think to myself... soooo many outs Is it worth it?
Seat11 raises (483) to 483
Seat11 is all-In.
Triple__D calls (39)
** Dealing River ** : [ 3c ]

Triple__D was happy to point out to me that this is why I suck. He seems to know a great deal about my stats apparently. Are you a 2+2er?

I feel that this may indeed be a leak, but I am not convinced that it is a source of any main problems. This kind of situation comes up very rarely for me.

none the less. Is there any merit to any of my thinking when it comes to the $33s? what about the $55s or above?

09-18-2005, 06:43 PM
Please stay away from the 55's where I at present reside. It would not please me to encounter such devastating clarity at my tables. Stick with clobbering the 33s as you obviously are. Thanking you in advance ...

adanthar
09-18-2005, 06:53 PM
You have...let me see...12 may as well be nut outs plus 4-5 off your two overs, easiest flop push ever.

edit: if I had to put him on any kind of range, I'd say something like 65 or maybe 87, A8, some other eight, etc. most of which you're basically a favorite over.

cha59
09-18-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have...let me see...12 may as well be nut outs plus 4-5 off your two overs, easiest flop push ever.

edit: if I had to put him on any kind of range, I'd say something like 65 or maybe 87, A8, some other eight, etc. most of which you're basically a favorite over.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes the most sense to me.

stupidsucker
09-18-2005, 07:56 PM
He had T8

jeffraider
09-18-2005, 09:35 PM
Pushing the flop seems standard. You've got a flush draw, gut shot and overcards. If he has an 8 you're the favourite. Get the money in and don't get stuck in a bad spot on the turn like you did.

Elektrik
09-19-2005, 06:43 AM
I push the flop because

1) He might actually fold
2) I have a pretty good hand
3) Calling almost 1/3 of my chips with a draw sucks
4) If I'm getting my chips in, I really want it to be with two cards coming.

stupidsucker
09-19-2005, 02:15 PM
so what I did wasn't terrible, BUT pushing the flop is better?

I thought with the amount of draws I had, it was better to get more people involved. Since no turn card really hurts me and so many help me (some adding to my draws).

Anyways. I got enough confirmation I think. I think the only reason I even posted was because of the comments the villian had made.

I had a dry spell recently and got on tilt. I complained about some of my luck, and this person very much made it seem like he was a poster here and knew of my recent woes.

I care what people think too much. I would be much better off if I were just an [censored].

downtown
09-19-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I care what donks at the table think too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. I suffer from the same problem from time to time. I rarely say anything, but it still annoys me, again, only occasionally. It hasn't ever affected my play that I'm aware of, but I definitely fear that it could. I want to turn the chat off, but I don't. Why? I'm not sure.

09-19-2005, 02:26 PM
From what i can remember...Triple__D is Giga's brother...the one that taught him to play.

...Is he a 2+2er? haha

schwza
09-19-2005, 02:31 PM
you don't really want to get more people involved, b/c you want your overs to be good. also, you hate to price in a bigger flush draw when a raise would shut them out.