PDA

View Full Version : Thrid pair

JTG51
05-06-2003, 01:39 PM
From a super good 5/10 kill game last night at Foxwoods. It's the kind of game I'd sign up to play for the rest of my life. The lineup is 1 maniac, 4 calling stations, 4 weak tight guys, and me whatever I am.

I'm in the BB with Maniac-Super-Tilto-Guy-Who-Raises-Any-Two-Cards-Before-The-Flop to my left. We'll call him MSTGWRATCBTF for short. I have 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif .

MSTGWRATCBTF raises as expected and gets 3 cold callers. SB folds and I call.

Flop: K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif T /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

I check, MSTGWRATCBTF checks and it gets checked around.

Turn: [K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif T /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif ] 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

I bet, MSTGWRATCBTF raises and everyone else folds. I call.

River: [K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif T /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif ] 2 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

I check and call.

How'd I do?

Bob T.
05-06-2003, 01:45 PM
You beat A3 suited. Ni han.

Joe Tall
05-06-2003, 01:50 PM
Did you read my post titled 'another maniac story' about 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif in the BB vs another one of these MSTGWRATCBTF-types? (I absolutely love this abbrevation)

Well, the key to your hand is the check around. My guess is that you took it down as the maniac showed A3s.

Funny, I was tempted to drive down last night, but I work WAY to early in the morning (6.30) to be making weekday runs.

Barry
05-06-2003, 02:03 PM
I think that I played with that guy before. He'll try to throw you off of a hand and raise the turn with little or nothing. If he's that type, you've got to call them down enough times to keep them from trying to run over you.

I'd probably would play it the same against that type of player. Having said that you might have lost to a 73o or then again won it when he showed a Q high.

JTG51
05-06-2003, 02:05 PM
Did you read my post titled 'another maniac story'

Not yet, but I'm on my way.

JTG51
05-06-2003, 04:01 PM
He'll try to throw you off of a hand and raise the turn with little or nothing. If he's that type, you've got to call them down enough times to keep them from trying to run over you

He certainly is that type, and I agree.

Having said that you might have lost to a 73o

I don't think he could have 73o. Not because he wouldn't raise before the flop with it, he surely would. He definitely would have bet the flop with any pair though.

JTG51
05-06-2003, 08:23 PM
My 7's were good as my opponent showed QJ for an open ended straight.

Thanks for the replies.

Barry
05-06-2003, 09:14 PM
See, he did have Q high!
Nice hand.