PDA

View Full Version : Empire Epoints a joke?

09-18-2005, 04:52 PM
I just moved over to empire for the rakeback and noticed their rewards system seems to pay less the more hands you play in. I play 3-4 tables and play for around 4 hours or more a day and i'm thinking 5k will take a long time. I guess the rakeback will more than make up for it.

J_B
09-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Yes, you only get the square root of your cashouts on empire too. J/K.

Shoe
09-18-2005, 10:18 PM
Yes, it is a complete jopke.

wall_st
09-18-2005, 10:50 PM
They will eventually bump you to VIP status most likely waayyyyyyyy before you reach 5,000 points. Do a search on the topic it has been discussed very in-depth in this forum, specifically look for posts by Microbob as he has done a lot of discussion and you can also read about how he attmped to get into the royal flush club.

NateDog
09-18-2005, 11:05 PM
It very much rewards tourney play.

radek2166
09-18-2005, 11:40 PM
I have been playing on empire for a year no bump. I have asked. I have 2600 pts.

scotty34
09-18-2005, 11:47 PM
I hadn't looked at that page in a while. Has anyone heard of someone reaching the 100000 points for a Vegas vacation? I'm 1/100 of the way there!

MicroBob
09-19-2005, 12:23 AM
I haven't but would be interested also.

It looks to me like the Vegas vacation is easier to accomplish on TruePoker if you play there (50k points).

I remember David Ross and stripsqueez were a couple of guys who got to 25k points way before I did so maybe one of those guys are closing in (but they might be playing more on euro now).

I got to 25k points for the TV several months ago (May I believe).
I'm currently at about 26.5k points but am thinking of making another run at their MTT's to gather some points just for kicks.

newhizzle
09-19-2005, 01:55 AM
i think the system they use is rediculous, it is very stupid to award less point for the more hands you play in a day, but i became VIP after about a month or so

MSUcougar
09-19-2005, 02:39 AM
I 4-table the $109 SNGs on Empire and get about 7k Epoints per month I think...

I just received the TV for 25k pts yesterday. I have also received the "royal flush club welcome gift" watch. They're at least fairly nice items. Considering the amount of rake they've made off me, its a drop in the bucket, but its better than nothing.

EDIT: and yes, a couple guys in the SNG forum have hit 100k EPoints... I haven't heard any real details about the trip though...

LoaferGee12
09-19-2005, 02:41 AM
It was weird, I had played a ton and checked my points and was stunned to see only like 800. Then I checked like a month or two later and i've got 5200 and i'm VIP. Their point system makes little sense and i think they just kinda wing it.

Nick B.
09-19-2005, 02:59 AM
HERE YOU GO (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3367475&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&vc=1)

I also got a little spending cash.

Angelic_Ace
09-19-2005, 07:25 PM
I had about 2500 EPoints and I just got this email:

We are happy to invite you to join our Exclusive VIP players club, dedicated to our most valued members whose loyalty to EmpirePoker and whose poker skills are beyond question.

Your balance has been updated to 5000 EPoints, which you can now redeem and use, as a VIP.

To learn all you need about the VIP players club and the benefits offered to our members, please visit the VIP section www.empirepoker.com/vip. (http://www.empirepoker.com/vip.)

We offer EXCLUSIVE Customer Support Team to our VIP players - 24/7, personal, fast, and efficient. To contact us and receive a personal swift response simply e-mail us at this address: vip@empirepoker.com

From now on, it is all in your hands - so keep on playing and winning on our tables and enjoy the amazing and valuable benefits we give for our VIP Club members.

Sweet!

bozlax
09-19-2005, 07:57 PM
My favorite part is this:

[ QUOTE ]
The Empire Poker VIP players Club is dedicated to our most valued members whose loyalty to EmpirePoker is beyond question.
To us, VIP means Very Important P and we're going to reward you in a very simple and worthy manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

The loyalty beyond question stuff smacks of the Empire Poker Cult (driiiiiink the kool-aid) but, "To us, VIP means Very Important P"...what the hell is that, ADD?