PDA

View Full Version : Semibluffing/Nutpeddling at SSPLO

twolf
09-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Firstly, I realize that nutpeddling and semibluffing are totally different...

Is semibluffing worth it at the SS tables? If you're consistently having 5+ people see the flop and most pots going to a showdown why would you bet a flush draw? The logical answer is you shouldn't. Obviously if you have a monster draw that is a favorite over suspected AA or somebody who will push with less than a set you would be happy c/r'ing them AI.

But by not ever semibluffing you are appearing to be a nutpeddler and this is not good for the few opponents who do pay attention. This let's people read your hands. You bet your sets and big two pairs but you don't bet anything else so you better have a big/good draw to bust it.

Of course when people have draws and appear to have them throughout the play of the hand I try to give them bad odds to hit and then don't pay them off when the draw hits so they have no implied odds off me either. But I don't want to be one of those people who appears to have a draw and actually has a draw and not get paid off.

Is this just a double edged sword kind of thing where both styles would work but the nutpeddling is the most profitable style for SSPLO? Also where is the cutoff that you should incorparate it into a big part of your game? Would you or should you be semibluffing more at a 6max table even when your bets for whatever reason dont get respect? TIA.

Acesover8s
09-18-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Is semibluffing worth it at the SS tables? If you're consistently having 5+ people see the flop and most pots going to a showdown why would you bet a flush draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, for one if you could get all 5 of these guys to call you you are getting immediate positive equity on all those calls.

In shorthanded pots, betting your draws is pretty much a requirement. You will pick up the pot very frequently, as no one but the worst players call with hands like bottom two or TPTK.

You summed up the rest fairly well. If your opponents are completely clueless and somehow magically replaced by equally clueless opponents on the next round playing hands by the book becomes the best play.

The more you play with the same opponents, the trickier you need to become.