PDA

View Full Version : On the button with KTs

ResidentParanoid
05-06-2003, 12:11 PM
Loose, LL online table. 8 handed. No particular read on the players.

I have K/forums/images/icons/club.gifT/forums/images/icons/club.gif on button. Everyone calls/completes. Still have 8 players.

Flop is [ T/forums/images/icons/spade.gif, 6/forums/images/icons/heart.gif, 7/forums/images/icons/club.gif ]: Checked to me, I bet, blinds fold, EP1, MP1, MP2, and cutoff call.

Turn is 5/forums/images/icons/spade.gif [ T/forums/images/icons/spade.gif, 6/forums/images/icons/heart.gif, 7/forums/images/icons/club.gif ]: Check, bet by MP1, MP2 calls, CO folds, I raise, EP1 calls 2, everyone else calls 1.

River is 2/forums/images/icons/club.gif 5/forums/images/icons/spade.gif [ T/forums/images/icons/spade.gif, 6/forums/images/icons/heart.gif, 7/forums/images/icons/club.gif ]: Checked around.

Comments? Do you bet the river?

marbles
05-06-2003, 12:40 PM
Looks fine to me.

Bob T.
05-06-2003, 01:08 PM
I think you should raise this preflop, you are certainly a favorite to win more than 1 out of 8 pots with this hand. With top pair good Kicker, and no resistance so far, I bet the river.

Nottom
05-06-2003, 01:47 PM
Every time.

Michael Davis
05-06-2003, 02:47 PM
I raise preflop and bet the river.

-Mike

marbles
05-06-2003, 03:06 PM
"With top pair good Kicker, and no resistance so far, I bet the river."

--At the super-passive 1/2 tables, I'd consider MP1's turn bet to be resistance. If he's an "any two sooted" or "any two connected" player, he could have a variety of raggedy two-pairs.

Ugh, do you hear me talking? I just know that this river bet would often be correct, but I couldn't guarantee making it.

Bob T.
05-06-2003, 03:32 PM
I misread the post, I thought that there was no other action except for the bets from the button. Now I think the river bet is thinner, but I would probably do it anyway.

Joe Tall
05-06-2003, 03:42 PM
I'd raise it preflop in this position and bet the river. Looks as if the MP missed his flush draw and you took it down.

ResidentParanoid
05-06-2003, 04:21 PM
Board is 2/forums/images/icons/club.gif, 5/forums/images/icons/spade.gif, [T/forums/images/icons/spade.gif , 6/forums/images/icons/heart.gif, 7/forums/images/icons/club.gif]

EP1 has Q/forums/images/icons/heart.gif8/forums/images/icons/club.gif (Q high) , MP1 has J/forums/images/icons/club.gif 6/forums/images/icons/club.gif (pair of 6's), MP2 has 4/forums/images/icons/spade.gif4/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif (pair of 4's)

I think the main criticisms from you folks are what I didn't like about my play here. Raising on the button with so many limpers pre-flop has to be right here.

The turn bet by MP has me wondering, but he didn't hit me back when I raise. River can't have helped anyone and they check to me again. I guess all those straight possibilities have me worried so I check the river. This bunch could call with anything, as you can tell, so a bet is probably correct. I always try to repeat those immortal words at these loose tables: "worse hands will call".