PDA

View Full Version : Queer Eye and Little League

Duke
09-18-2005, 03:36 PM
So there's an episode on right now where they "make over" a little league baseball team. They give them a bunch of Mizuno stuff or whatever. And they're taking them to a Red Sox game. They're not running around naked singing showtunes, and I don't know how absurd it gets.

Now, they seem like nice guys, and I understand that homosexuals are not pedophiles, but it seems like there's something weird about this whole premise.

When I brought it up to a buddy of mine he offered: "yea it'll be awkward if they hear those guys saying 'wow that johnny damon has a NICE ASS' during the game"

They're currently playing dress up with Damon (no the kids aren't there), and waxing Varitek's back.

Discuss. Feel free to bash the Red Sox and exclaim that the Yankees would never go along with this.

~D

thatpfunk
09-18-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Now, they seem like nice guys, and I understand that homosexuals are not pedophiles, but it seems like there's something weird about this whole premise.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you understand they aren't pedophiles then why is it weird?
[ QUOTE ]

When I brought it up to a buddy of mine he offered: "yea it'll be awkward if they hear those guys saying 'wow that johnny damon has a NICE ASS' during the game"

[/ QUOTE ]
Any different than a straight guys saying "Oh wow, look at that cheerleader' tits?"

jakethebake
09-18-2005, 04:25 PM
I wouldn't want my kid around them any more than I'd want him around any other idiots. He's almost 4. I try to keep him away from people that cuss and set other inappropriate examples. I'll also try to keep him away from people that lisp, swish, wear ridiculous crap and otherwise act like morans, gay or not. If he grows up to be gay, so be it. It's his choice I guess, but I hope he won't be an idiot like the queer eyes. And I think one way to censor the kind of role models he's exposed to at this point.

Duke
09-18-2005, 04:35 PM
I think I basically agree with this. These aren't normal gay guys. Queer Eye Guys : Gay Guys :: Quagmire : Normal Guys. The fact that they're over the top (though probably just for TV) is what is bothersome. I wouldn't want them around a straight guy complimenting every set of tits he sees either.

I wouldn't want 10 year olds kicking it with Quagmire.

~D

Sooga
09-18-2005, 04:55 PM
and you'd DEFINITELY not want 10 year old girls to kick it with Quagmire.

BradleyT
09-18-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Any different than a straight guys saying "Oh wow, look at that cheerleader' tits?"

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't possibly be that dense to not see the difference.

thatpfunk
09-18-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't possibly be that dense to not see the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, please explain. gay does not "rub off."

second, i was making the point that they aren't going to be saying stupid [censored] in front of kids.

tek
09-19-2005, 03:54 AM
Carson and Ellen Degeneres look like brother and sister. Discuss.

jokerthief
09-19-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They made love and it creeped them out so much they just had to go gay.

wacki
09-19-2005, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
no, please explain. gay does not "rub off."

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither does paedophilia. Errr wait.....

*singing* I have come around... full circle.

youtalkfunny
09-19-2005, 04:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is which?

siccjay
09-19-2005, 04:40 AM
Why hasn't anyone asked this guy what he was doing watching the Queer Eye show anyway?