PDA

View Full Version : You ever get the feeling someone is FOS?

NLSoldier
09-18-2005, 03:22 PM
Remember the thread I made about how screwplaying causes people to make ridiculous 3bets....

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (2 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>,

My plan on the flop was to raise any turn and take a free showdown if he called. When he checked the turn I was pretty sure he had just been taking a stab and was ready to give up. Then he CRed which seemed like he decided I was FOS too.

surfdoc
09-18-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You ever get the feeling someone is FOS?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I do. Sometimes these hands just come down to a battle of wills. I have had many decent sessions ruined by spilling 5 BB into pots like this. I think live this has some merit to just say, "don't fuuck with me." Online you may never play with this guy again and be totally bummed when he shows you 22 and scoops. It can be a great play when he has absolute air but if he has anything you are hosed. I just don't see this is +EV. Save the big plays for when you at least have A high to showdown.

sthief09
09-18-2005, 03:43 PM
I'd usually check the turn. he's usually giving up and it gets him to bluff the river

NLSoldier
09-18-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd usually check the turn. he's usually giving up and it gets him to bluff the river

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i was wondering about that too. as I was posting the hand I thought that might be the better line, but it sucks when he bluffs with K high or a better queen and wins. also, doenst he have to bluff a pretty big amount of the time to make up for us giving the free card and always paying off when the free card helps him?

GoblinMason (Craig)
09-18-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what rivers are you calling?

Rivers like this make me feel dirty either way...

NLSoldier
09-18-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

probably everything but a J or T.

Alobar
09-18-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats your logic behind that? If hes always going to bluff the river, arent any 2 cards likely to hit him the same? He open completed in the SB, so he could pretty much have anything.

NLSoldier
09-18-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats your logic behind that? If hes always going to bluff the river, arent any 2 cards likely to hit him the same? He open completed in the SB, so he could pretty much have anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think hands with jacks and tens in them are generally what people tend to open complet with most. Dont you think he is more likely to have one of those in his hand than say a 2 or 3?

Alobar
09-18-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think hands with jacks and tens in them are generally what people tend to open complet with most. Dont you think he is more likely to have one of those in his hand than say a 2 or 3?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I prolly wouldnt be as scared of a 2 or 3, but Id be just as scared of a 6 or an 8 as a J or T as most crap J or T that open complete are like J6 and T8 and the like.