PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 full ring

09-18-2005, 02:58 PM
Hi again!

Is there anything I can do here? I am looking for a checkraise on the river.

Party Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 checks, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO checks, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5.00 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 folds, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.00 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (6.00 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.00 BB.

Aaron W.
09-18-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi again!

Is there anything I can do here? I am looking for a checkraise on the river.

Party Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 checks, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO checks, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5.00 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 folds, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.00 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (6.00 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.00 BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Follow your namesake. Raise the turn with the nut flush.

Vote4Pedro
09-18-2005, 03:02 PM
This is silly, just raise the turn

Greg J
09-18-2005, 03:18 PM
Hello KIS:

1) You should provide reads. If you don't have reads yet (new to the table, still new to multitabling, etc), then tell us. Okay? In this case villians were posters, so that changes it a bit I guess -- just for future reference.

2) I could go for a preflop raise here. I don't hate the limp, though I think you should consider raising in this situation (2 posters, decent hand on the button) in the future. I actually think the two choices are pretty close, but just incase you did not even think about raising here preflop, you should.

3) This is a great chance to raise the flop. You have a draw to the nut flush -- the fact that it is a paired board should not scare you too much -- just be slightly more wary.

4) The turn is an easy raise. If 3 bet cap and call if bet into on the river. Regardless of what shows.

5) Make a crying call in a larger pot. As you played it, fold. The pot is still small, and you are not good one out of 7 times here.

The river would not be a checkraise. It would be a slowplay. It was a very bad slowplay. Not being mean, just honest. You did not play this hand well. (But then, that is why you post hands -- becuase you think you screwed up.)

Welcome to the boards. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

EDIT: I had a brainfart. This is a slim call on the river, but probably still good enough to make for one more bet.

09-18-2005, 03:35 PM
thx for the reply. The reason I didnt raise the flop was that I didnt want to scare the other people away. I guess I should have raised that turn though.

He had a K. :/

Greg J
09-18-2005, 03:38 PM
The ironic thing about playing poker well is that you sometimes you are punished for doing the correct thing. You should have lost a lot more money on that hand. Oh well.

Fryguy
09-18-2005, 03:56 PM
Raise the flop, raise the turn, raise the river.

09-18-2005, 03:59 PM
You cant honestly mean I should raise the river??

scotty34
09-18-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop, raise the turn, raise the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might want to read over the board again. I'd fold the river before I'd raise.

I would have raised preflop as well.

Weatherhead03
09-18-2005, 04:08 PM
You have the nut flush on the turn which you need to raise and on the river I'd fold. Its a small pot and I doubt that A high or a PP was betting this one the whole way down.

TomBrooks
09-18-2005, 04:52 PM
Raise the turn.

09-18-2005, 04:58 PM
great post, great line
i love the flop raise, buy a freebie if necessarry but u can actually raise for value because your flush hits more often that the pot calls are giving you here. raise the turn of course...
cdl

tenth
09-18-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but u can actually raise for value because your flush hits more often that the pot calls are giving you here. raise the turn of course...
cdl

[/ QUOTE ]
On the flop, there's only 1 man in at that point. With the SB checking the flop, are you really that confident he'd call 2 back to him?