PDA

View Full Version : Brief Tunica Trip Report

01-24-2002, 06:19 AM
TUNICA TRIP REPORT - Brief

I got back from Tunica over a week ago but am just now having the time to post a brief but hopefully somewhat interesting trip report.

I arrived Friday evening and sat down in a 30-60 hold-em game. Game was so so - aggressive with average play after the flop. I played for about an hour before I got called to a 20-40 game that looked much better. I took the 20-40 seat and played for 4 hours. I did well in the 30-60 and 20-40. I went to bed at 5:30 am and on the way to cash out, stopped and watched the 50-100 game for a few minutes. The game was 6 handed and four of the five players all were drinking. Hmm - a game to keep an eye on for the future.

Over a four-day period, I played mostly 20-40 and 30-60. I also played about 10 hours of 50-100. I won my share of hands, getting hit with the deck in one of the 20-40 games against a particularly tough line-up. I also took my share of beats, unfortunately those happened in the 50-100 game. However, as bad as some of the beats I took were (and one was mathematically brutal), I saw a hand that made me wince in pain and I was very grateful that I was not involved. A hand such as this can put most beats in perspective.

50-100 game - aggressive with decent play after flop. Game had 2-3 players with no clue but a lot of money. Hand is as follows - UTG player raises, everyone folds to player 2 off the button (lp - late position player) who re-raises. Small blind calls 2 bets, utg re-raises, lp caps, sb calls, utg calls. Flop comes Ad Jh 8s. Sb checks, utg bets, lp raises, sb calls 2 bets, utg re-raises, lp re-raises, sb calls 2 bets utg caps, lp calls, sb calls. Turn is the 3s. sb checks, utg bets, lp raises, sb calls 2 bets, utg re-raises, lp re-raises, sb calls 2 more bets, utg caps at 5 bets, lp calls, sb call - anyone else see a pattern here?

River comes a dead 2c. sb checks, utg bets, lp raises, sb now re-raises! - utg raises, lp caps, sb calls utg calls?!?!?!?!?! - What on earth - I thought it must be set over set over set.

As it turns out, I was only 2/3 correct. Utg had a set of Jacks, lp had a set of Aces, and sb turned over the 45 off suit for the nuts and took down a monster pot. At this table, no one had been complaining at all about bad beats. No one said a word but you could have heard the collective gasp in Chicago when the 45 off was turned over for a “Wheely Big Hand”. About the only thing that surprised me was that I somehow managed to stay out of the way of this one. All I can say is WOW.

Anyway, that’s it for this trip report. I will be arriving in Vegas this Friday evening January 25 and will stay until Saturday 2/3/02. I almost never miss the week leading up to the Super Bowl as I have always found the action to be very, very good. Hopefully this trip will be no exception. I will do my best to post a Vegas trip report from the road.

Just some thoughts...

Michael D.

01-24-2002, 09:16 AM
how about some 20-40 hands you were in????gl

01-24-2002, 10:10 AM
Mike,

It is good to hear from you. Good luck in Vegas and hope to see you soon in the felt underground. Email me when you get a chance.

Adam

adamt@autumntree.com