PDA

View Full Version : KK hand

OneCentRob
09-18-2005, 02:45 PM
I'm not very impressed with the way I played this hand. Would appreciate your comments...

10 handed cash game $5/$10 NL

Hero seat6 (~$1000)
Villain seat9 (~$1000) New to game. No notes.

one limper
Hero raises $45 with K K
Villain calls

(pot ~ $115)
Flop: 7s 7c 5h

Hero bets $60
Villain calls

Turn: 4d

both check

(pot ~ $235)
River: 3h

Hero bets $120
Viallin raises $240

Fold?

derick
09-19-2005, 12:15 PM
Easy call

tac252
09-19-2005, 12:17 PM
conmsidering you have no notes, this should be a call.

Tom

Leptyne
09-19-2005, 03:44 PM
It would be helpful if you would provide more information. Is this villain's first orbit? Is your open-raise standard?
What do you think he puts you on? Seat numbers are confusing, but in this case it doesn't matter.

If I'm villain I don't have any info on you either so I'm putting you on a hand range of pairs AA-TT, AK, AQs, AJs, KQs, with a smaller likely hood of 99, 88, KJs. I've gotten in discussions before about this narrow of a hand range, but in the absence of info to the contrary, I'm putting you on a solid hand that merits a bring-in of better than the standard $40. Villain may call with a wide range of hands but when it's folded to you, then folded to him in CO this should eliminate hands like JTs that play well in multiway pots. I'd put him on AA-QQ, AK, with a small likelyhood of JJ and AQs.

Its a good ideas to play cautiously until you improve so I like your 1/2 pot lead. When he calls I think he's got to have AA-QQ, and I think he would have raised AA pre-flop since he doesn't have any info on you to tell him a slowplay/trap will work. I would have preferred you follow up your CB with another half-pot bet at the turn. At the river you can make a smallish bet to encourage a raise, then push.

As you played it you have indicated such a weak holding that you have encouraged his raise at the river. Now is when I'd drop the bomb and push. He'll fold his QQ, and he'll have to think hard about his KK winning a bluff or if you've slowplayed your AA.

If you don't like putting all your chips out there then you have to at least call.