PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok to play this kind of player like this?

Sightless
09-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Villain is 55/43/8.50 i played about 60 hands him... He seems like a loose cannon...

This hand took place few hands before the one I am talking about, Villain is the same in both hands.. In here I wanted to extract as much money out of him as possible because I thought he would pay me off but he didn't..

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 3.50 BB

This hand Happened later

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

what's proper way to play Lose and very agressive players?

BatsShadow
09-18-2005, 01:29 PM
I could be totally wrong here, but I think you just call down.

Aaron W.
09-18-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 55/43/8.50 i played about 60 hands him... He seems like a loose cannon...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a small sample, but 8.50 is a very very high AF given the 55 VPIP. If this is a long term number, then he's raising/folding but not calling. I'm inclined to throw in bluffs/bluff-raises/bluff-check-raises into the regular mix of bets/raises/check-raises because he seems likely to fold (based on the preliminary numbers).

[ QUOTE ]
what's proper way to play Lose and very agressive players?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exploit their mistakes.

Okay, that's not very helpful, but it's because not all LAGs are the same and there is no "proper" way to play them all. If they bet too much, induce bluffs and check-raise the turn or river more often with you strong hands. If they fold too much (rare, but this guy might qualify) bluff more often. If they are LAGs preflop but turn passive postflop, 3-bet to isolate with more hands because you'll get free cards when you need help.

Rev. Good Will
09-18-2005, 02:37 PM
for the first hand, why not try for a slowplay, or at the very least a flop C/R?