PDA

View Full Version : ($22) Trying to induce a bluff-raise on the river with a min-bet

ilya
09-18-2005, 11:47 AM
And/or to protect me from having to show my hand. And/or to try to get a bit of value.

Yes I should probably have bet on the turn, but given that I didn't, what do you think of the little river bet? I just feel so confident that I have the best hand here (& that if I don't cos someone has JJ, I'm not getting raised) that I don't see much downside to betting.

***** Hand History for Game 2732603694 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Trny:15845809 Level:2 Blinds(15/30) - Sunday, September 18, 10:18:10 EDT 2005
Table Table 13837 (Real Money)
Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 7
Seat 2: alhan22 ( $700 )
Seat 3: c_cabe1 ( $685 )
Seat 5: budskin7 ( $2277 )
Seat 6: Sovjet_Star ( $710 )
Seat 7: StneColdCall ( $730 )
Seat 9: K_O_Z ( $1858 )
Seat 10: Tucky33 ( $1040 )
Trny:15845809 Level:2
Blinds(15/30)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to StneColdCall [ Td Th ]
c_cabe1 folds.
budskin7 calls [30].
Sovjet_Star folds.
StneColdCall calls [30].
K_O_Z folds.
>You have options at $1000 Daily Guaranteed(460634) Table #5 Table!.
Tucky33 calls [15].
alhan22 checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Qd, 6c, 7d ]
Tucky33 checks.
alhan22 checks.
StneColdCall checks.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 5h ]
Tucky33 checks.
alhan22 checks.
budskin7 checks.
StneColdCall checks.
** Dealing River ** [ Qc ]
Tucky33 checks.
alhan22 checks.
budskin7 checks.
StneColdCall bets [30].

45suited
09-18-2005, 11:53 AM
I might bet there, but not to induce a bluff-raise, but rather to get a 5, 6, 7, or lower PP to call. So, I think that the bet here is more for value than to induce a bluff. Do you really think that this will induce a bluff-raise in a small pot that often in a 22?

ilya
09-18-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you really think that this will induce a bluff-raise in a small pot that often in a 22?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, no, but I just think there's so little risk to the bet that it's worth it. But you prefer a somewhat larger bet for value? The thing is I don't think it's that likely anyone has even a 7 or a 6.

45suited
09-18-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not really, no, but I just think there's so little risk to the bet that it's worth it. But you prefer a somewhat larger bet for value?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind the bet of 30 at all... it's just small enough to get the hands that I mentioned to call. Hell, sometimes you'll even get a call from ace high with that bet. And it's very low risk, IMO.

curtains
09-18-2005, 01:27 PM
Betting the river is clearly correct IMO, and your amount is fine also although it's very unlikely someone will bluff raise, it's more of a simple value bet. Betting a touch more is reasonable also, but I have no problem with a min bet as players often pay it off with anything.

Checking the river is pretty bad when there is very little chance you don't have the best hand and decent chances you will be called by your opponents if you bet.

Betting to avoid showing your hand is absurd however and to even mention this as a reason to bet in a $22 sit and go seems strange to me as this information will mean almost nothing to your opponents. You are betting because its a +EV bet, and for no other reason really.

09-18-2005, 01:51 PM
You were checked to on the flop. With only one over and no bets, I am betting here to take the pot.

If I am called (or for some reason didnt bet the flop), and a card lower than 10 comes on the turn, and it is again checked to me, I am BETTING.

The same goes for the river. The Q on the river basically re-enforces the read that no-one has a Q, and a bet is a value bet and should be made. Personally I am betting more than 30, since if I am here I was betting previously. However in your case, since you checked behind everyone with what appears to be the best hand, a small bet (even a min bet like you did) would probably be the best play.

ilya
09-18-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Betting to avoid showing your hand is absurd however and to even mention this as a reason to bet in a $22 sit and go seems strange to me as this information will mean almost nothing to your opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, you're right of course. This was just a fancy-pants reason I added to seem all sophisticated and stuff.