PDA

View Full Version : Gigabet Card Player Article Link

Degen
09-18-2005, 10:34 AM
For interested parties (http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/archives/showarticle.php?a_id=14976&m_id=65572)

Degen
09-18-2005, 10:38 AM
I personally found it very odd that he chose to leave the title the same, as there is no frame of reference for what 'almost there' means to the average card player reader-and also found it odd that he just quoted irieguy as 'craig hartman' without ever mentioning how he was relevant to the topic.

But whatever the case, great read and i love the fact that there is so much information there (as with most anything giga writes) that if taken at face value by a beginning/mediocre player...will probably end up costing people far more money that it makes them.

ilya
09-18-2005, 11:20 AM
Man, I thought I'd finally escaped this sort of philosophizing when I graduated from high school.

MegaBet
09-18-2005, 01:05 PM
I believe we already have a thread on this.

Oluwafemi
09-18-2005, 01:19 PM
anybody with their own independent mind has already forgotten about this.

09-18-2005, 01:22 PM
I must have read this 50 times by now, and I must say that EVERY time I read it I feel refeshed, and learn something new!

Thanks Degen!

stanzee
09-18-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I must have read this 50 times by now, and I must say that EVERY time I read it I feel refeshed, and learn something new!

Thanks Degen!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read this article twice now, and each time i've read it i've felt like i've wasted 15 minutes of my life..

Chaostracize
09-18-2005, 04:23 PM
Then you've apparently never run bad. Come back when you have.

The Student
09-18-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I personally found it very odd that he chose to leave the title the same, as there is no frame of reference for what 'almost there' means to the average card player reader-

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah - and how about this quote:
"(unless, of course, you have a better hand than second pair, which is unlikely, since players like us can rarely beat bottom pair"

is he saying that all cardplayer readers can rarely beat bottom pair? lol.

seems like a sloppy job by both fischman and shulman to not edit the article enough for it to make sense to a new reader out of context of the original threads.

still a good read though.

ts-

stanzee
09-18-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Then you've apparently never run bad. Come back when you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have ran bad (down 60 buyins), but i'm mentally tough enough to handle it, as i realise even if i'm playing good poker, i'll get outdrawn, or my kings will run into aces etc etc. If it wasn't for bad play i wouldn't make nearly as much money.

Degen
09-19-2005, 12:40 AM
lol ok sorry

i'm in vegas and finally found a card player at bellagio, and tried for the 25th time to see if card player had it up yet, and they did...i thought some others might like to be reminded/see that it was up

09-19-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks Degen!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read this article twice now, and each time i've read it i've felt like i've wasted 15 minutes of my life..

[/ QUOTE ]

unreal_nh
09-19-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lol ok sorry

i'm in vegas and finally found a card player at bellagio, and tried for the 25th time to see if card player had it up yet, and they did...i thought some others might like to be reminded/see that it was up

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Oluwafemi
09-19-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks Degen!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe not quite a wasted 15 minutes, but certainly not all that productive and beneficial either. of course, that's just my opinion. some people make it out to be some groundbreaking material like TOP or something and it's not even close.

bawcerelli
09-19-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

maybe not quite a wasted 15 minutes, but certainly not all that productive and beneficial either. of course, that's just my opinion. some people make it out to be some groundbreaking material like TOP or something and it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you, Obiwan, make such ground breaking posts yourself, don't you?

barry111
09-19-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol ok sorry

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to say thank you too /images/graemlins/grin.gif

stanzee
09-19-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks Degen!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, maybe not 15 minutes wasted, think it only took me 12 minutes to read it. Just seems like their is too much time butt kissing on this site sometimes. Okay the article isn't THAT bad, but is their really any need to throw it around for the second time? Ground breaking? Certainly not!

Oluwafemi
09-19-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But you, Obiwan, make such ground breaking posts yourself, don't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

not even close. and your point is....?

Gigabet
09-21-2005, 04:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
seems like a sloppy job by both fischman and shulman to not edit the article enough for it to make sense to a new reader out of context of the original threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

If anything about the editing was sloppy, it was all me. Shulman nor Fischman touched the article, as requested by me.

The text that you are quoting is, in fact, talking directly to the reader at any given time.