PDA

View Full Version : Computer freezes when pressing "close button" on PP skins

09-18-2005, 09:53 AM
I couldn't find anything when trying to search on this topic but I'm pretty sure I'm not alone with this problem.

My problem is that when I press the "close button" in the upper right corner on a Party Poker-skin window my computer freezes for about 30 secs. The mouse and everything freezes! BUT if I right-click the title bar and picks "close window" it closes instantly. Very strange to say the least...

I thought the issue was because I use Win XP SP1 on my computer and on my SP2 machine the computer don't freeze.

Do you guys have any ideas about this? I don't wanna re-install XP for this /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

09-18-2005, 11:08 AM
Usually the only time the freezing issue pops up is when you have a large notes.txt file. It seems strange that it closes gracefully when choosing close and it freezes on hard exit. My suggestion would be just to use the right click and close. It isnt really worth troubleshooting, especially reformatting if you have a workaround.

modaddy
09-18-2005, 09:45 PM
I've noticed this too... I suspect it has something to do with PokerAce HUD or GameView but I haven't looked further into it yet.

You can also press Alt-F4 to close the window without the freeze.

Please post if you figure out what's going on!