PDA

View Full Version : Party 55 I have TT but how proud am I?

09-18-2005, 06:00 AM
Sorry, no reads.

total number of players : 8
Seat 1: A ( $1055 )
Seat 2: B ( $815 )
Seat 3: HERO ( $1440 )
Seat 5: D ( $650 )
Seat 6: E ( $1293 )
Seat 7: F ( $792 )
Seat 8: G ( $935 )
Seat 9: H ( $3020 )
Level:4
Blinds(50/100)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ Td Th ]
H calls [100].
A folds.
B is all-In [815]
HERO ???

09-18-2005, 06:50 AM
So if Hero was first to act it is correct to assume that the Big Blind and player B are one and the same?

In this case u need to put in 715 to call a pot of 865. Thems not fantastic odds... However:

Player B's M is just over 5, so he's certainly desperate. So long as you don't figure him for a higher pocket pair you are fine to call.

On the overpair question--
Has the player been tight since he got shortstacked and has only now made a move, or did he just come off a big hit? If you think he's been camping for a solid all-in hand and when he lost his chips he went down with very strong cards/solid play, I would walk away. But if the player has demonstrated even the most mildly loose play when he was dropping his initial chip stack, I would go for it.

Examine your odds against the following potential holdings:
----------------------------
A-low: 7:3 favorite
Two overcards: 5:4 favorite
Underpair: 5:1 favorite

Also you must consider your objectives in the tournament. Are you playing to win or playing to cash? If you only desire a top 3 finish you would be more apt to let this go and get your money in with less risk. There are a lot of smaller stacks out there who are likely to fall off quickly, so biding your time could be a valuable move here. If you are playing to win, taking down player B's chips will put you in second place with ~2250, an M of 15, well back on your way to the green zone (20+).

Considering your own M is below ten, you are running out of time yourself. So if not now, when?

I hope this jumble of thoughts contributes somewhat...

09-18-2005, 07:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So if Hero was first to act it is correct to assume that the Big Blind and player B are one and the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is not first to act, there is a call, fold and allin raise before me, G is the BB.

[ QUOTE ]
So long as you don't figure him for a higher pocket pair you are fine to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not neccessarily, I do not want to coinflip against 2 overcards.

[ QUOTE ]
Has the player been tight since he got shortstacked and has only now made a move

[/ QUOTE ]

No reads, just getting used to 6 tabling and don't notice all that much in the early levels. You're right of course, it would be helpful to know this.

[ QUOTE ]
Also you must consider your objectives in the tournament. Are you playing to win or playing to cash?

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither, I am playing to make money.

[ QUOTE ]

Considering your own M is below ten, you are running out of time yourself. So if not now, when?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the second biggest chip stack level 4, I don't feel even close to desperate here.

lacky
09-18-2005, 07:57 AM
I think if the big stack wasnt in the hand I'd play it, but with his utg limp and no reads I'd fold. If he is limping lots it doesnt mean anything, but without a read, a big hand is possible.

Steve

09-18-2005, 08:04 AM
Interesting. I was thinking along other lines at the time. I think people have a tendency to limp with all kinds of garbage if they get a big stack early so I was really more worried about the raiser. I didn't really have a read on anyone though, sigh.

You're right though, the fact that the big stack is in the mix makes it a more dangerous situation.

09-18-2005, 08:14 AM
I'd say a good portion of his pushing range involves high cards and higher pairs. Which makes this a fold.

OCW

MegaBet
09-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Easy fold. People tend to overrate pocket tens.

viennagreen
09-18-2005, 02:03 PM
yes-- not only that-- but if you call, it makes it much more tempting for the big stack to call... even if you have the best hand, there will be a lot of bullets to dodge.

applejuicekid
09-18-2005, 04:10 PM
I this is a fold, but I think it is pretty close. I think this is a situation where I play it differently each time for no particular reason. On another note, I haven't read HOH2, but hearing people talk about M really angers me for some reason.

09-18-2005, 04:16 PM
I agree with you 100%. It is close, I was thinking later that I autocall with QQ, autofold 88, anything between could go either way and I will do something different each time for no particular reason, instinct or whatever. And I don't know what M is nor do I care, perhaps I should but I think I'm doing Ok without it.

Results: I folded (this time). UTG called with AJ, pusher had 88. I was ahead and would have won as it turns out but I don't give a flip, I'm fine with my decision.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Cheers.

Chaostracize
09-18-2005, 05:09 PM
Call.