PDA

View Full Version : Bubble: All in with AA

twang
09-18-2005, 05:54 AM
I played Pacific's 30k guaranteed last night.

91 players is left (80 gets in the money) and I have a slightly above average stack (31st I think). I get AA in early position and make a min raise. A LP player with same stacksize as me reraises. I move all in.

I think this was a very +EV move, but I'm new to MTTs so I'd be intersted to hear what you say. Good or bad?

Exitonly
09-18-2005, 05:56 AM
depends how big the stacks were compared to these raises..

but almost all moves with AA are really +EV..

wether a push here was best depends on the size of the raises, and the stacks

twang
09-18-2005, 06:09 AM
Pacific's history feature is not working at the moment (it's Pacific after all) so I'm drawing this from memory: My first raise was something like 1 bb. Villain reraised 2 bb more. As for the stacksize compared to the size of the blinds I don't remember. We had ok stacks (chipcount around 30th place of 91 players left).

Exitonly
09-18-2005, 06:12 AM
er... considering i don't know what the BB is.. or what 'average' means.. i don't knwo what to tell you.

update when the history thing works or whatever.

benneh
09-18-2005, 06:13 AM
i think anytime you get your money in with aces preflop, its +EV.

we need detail on stack sizes.

Dave D
09-18-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I played Pacific's 30k guaranteed last night.

91 players is left (80 gets in the money) and I have a slightly above average stack (31st I think). I get AA in early position and make a min raise. A LP player with same stacksize as me reraises. I move all in.

I think this was a very +EV move, but I'm new to MTTs so I'd be intersted to hear what you say. Good or bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to tell us how much of your stack calling his reraise is. If it's any more than ~35% or so, then yes it's right to push. The key question is whether or not you think villian will call your push.

Oh yeah, DONT MIN RAISE. Biggest tell ever you had AA or another group 1 and not AK.

09-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Move in, standard move... unless you really want to gey your buy - in back.
Mike

twang
09-18-2005, 12:02 PM
I'll get back with the numbers ASAP. I fired an email to Pacific support about the missing history right before starting this thread. Still no response. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

rockythecat99
09-18-2005, 12:11 PM
I have played that tourney before. That was literally the worst i have ever seen a collective group of players play. I mean absolutely horrible play. On pacific i push this and expect to get called 90% of the time.