PDA

View Full Version : full tilt

smokingrobot
09-18-2005, 03:12 AM
how the heck does full tilt operate when their pro's lose 30K a night sometimes? (i refer to the matusow and spirit rock battles). this is baffling. their site is almost always empty, so how are they staying afloat? its a shame because i thought their concept was a great idea. discuss....?

09-18-2005, 03:22 AM
7000+ players is almost empty?

Why would it matter if the pros win or lose? They attract people to the site.

I highly doubt the company is being run off the bankrolls of the pros. I'm pretty sure the company makes money from the rake.

SoftcoreRevolt
09-18-2005, 03:45 AM
And it's not like their pros routinely lose on the site. Mike has been seen winning some obscene amounts of money in the normal cash games on FTP... and then losing it to Spirit Rock, har har.

And yeah, 7,000 people is quite successful. It's not Party or Stars, but it's only been running cash games a year.

09-18-2005, 04:47 AM
Wouldn't you call Prahlad a pro?

Might it not be the case that he's encouraged to play on Full Tilt, especially against other pros, so that his fanboys will sign up to watch and type idiotic stuff into chat? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I seriously doubt Full Tilt (or any other site) is staking their pros for high-stakes non-tournament games.

smokingrobot
09-18-2005, 02:47 PM
7000+?

wow, i feel like every time i log on to observe some high limit action, there a ton of empty tables.

i was under the impression that full tilt BR'ed their pro's.

but you're right, they most likely dont.