PDA

View Full Version : Back to back 2/4 6m (back)hands

Kumubou
09-18-2005, 03:08 AM
(I know this is not exactly micro-limit, but Small Stakes treats me like a twelve-year-old girl. /images/graemlins/frown.gif )

BB is LAGgy. Plays too many hands pre-flop and tends to have that erratic aggression that is the mark of a bad LAG. Nothing maniacial, though.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) lolihunter.com (for your loli hunting needs) (http://www.lolihunter.com)

Preflop: Heroine is SB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Heroine raises</font>, BB calls.

<font color="blue">Blindddddddd Battleeeeeeeeeeee! My fold equity here is roughly zero, but QT is probably better than what he has.</font>

Flop: (4 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Heroine bets</font>, BB calls.

<font color="blue">Dadadadadadada PRESSURE.</font>

Turn: (3 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Heroine bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Heroine calls.

<font color="blue">Ooh the interesting part. This really seemed like a semi-bluff by him. This board is really dry for made hands, but now has a ton of draws available on the river. I think it is likely that he has no better than a pair and that my overs are good. If I spike a J or Q, I am probably good if he is semi-bluffing a pair or a draw -- thankfully, none of my overs complete a draw. Even then, this is probably a loose call.</font>

River: (7 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Heroine checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Heroine folds.

<font color="blue">Brick. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I'll see way too many A-high and K-high flush draws and/or paired flush draws to ever possibly think Q-high is g00t here.</font>

Final Pot: 8 BB

[/ QUOTE ]The very next hand! Same villian as the last hand.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) lolihunter.com (for your loli hunting needs) (http://www.lolihunter.com)

Preflop: Heroine is Button with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Heroine raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

<font color="blue">Do not move within two meters of Lucy. Failing to comply may result in sudden and irrecovable death.</font>

Flop: (6 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Heroine bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

<font color="blue">This is a no-moé zone, M-F 8 AM-6 PM. All violators will be towed at their own expense.</font>

Turn: (4.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Heroine calls.

<font color="blue">It's time to d-d-d-d-d-d-d-donk! Again, I doubt that his hand just beat mine, but rather he picked up a draw of some sort. If he had a strong hand, he probably check-raises me. Thing here is, I also picked up a draw... so now what? Raise now? Raise later? I figure if I am ahead now I would rather not spook him off on the river if it bricks, and if I am behind to a strong hand here opening myself up for a 3-bet would be the suck. So...</font>

River: (6.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Heroine calls.

<font color="blue">Do I have the stones to raise his busted draw with a possible weak pair that he may pay off? Do I want to face an unlikely (but possible) bluff 3-bet? Can I fold to a 3-bet?... No. :|</font>

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

-K

aK13
09-18-2005, 03:14 AM
Fold the turn raise in Hand 1. I don't mind hand 2, but folding the river is definitely an option.

milesdyson
09-18-2005, 03:15 AM
why call the turn raise in hand 1? even if it's a semi-bluff occassionally his A/K high flush draw semi-bluff beats your Q high and you don't have the odds to call to catch one of six outs.

hand 2 is fine.

Harv72b
09-18-2005, 03:16 AM
Fold to the turn raise in Hand 1; your river action (and the reasoning behind it) demonstrates why you can't call that raise: you have little hope of actually having the best hand at that time with Q high, and you're getting insufficient odds to chase a (at best) 6-outer. Of course, if your read is correct and he's semibluffing with a flush draw, you've only got a 5 out draw.

In the second hand, given that your opponent is very aggressive and the board does lend itself to draws, I like your call/call line. Especially if you can't fold to a 3-bet on either street.

Small Stakes ain't bad once you get to know us. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

sholvar
09-18-2005, 04:19 AM
hand two: i think you should raise the turn.
-semibluff if you are behind
-scouting. if he 3-bets or very fast calls he has min. Toppair
-value if you are ahead.

but raise only if you think, this bet of him must not mean Ten or Straight. If you think he has, you are on a draw to a maybe higher straight, but if he now has somethin very good you must discount your 8 straightdraws somewhat:
-maybe he has the nutstraight and you can max. draw to a tied pot
-if he has a straight, he has a good chance to hold one card you count as an out
-you have only a onecard straightdraw, what means that you will often tie, if he has the same card, too

-&gt; thats why you must fold, if you think he will not bet, if has not a good hand.
But if you want to play, call may be good, but raise has imo much more value!