PDA

View Full Version : Tough AJ OOP

gol4pro
09-18-2005, 01:44 AM
1/2 NL, effective stacks 100BB.

I have A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif in MP3. CO is a little loose preflop, pretty tight passive post, although he does tend to fish for draws without odds.

I raise to 10$ into 1 limper, CO calls, button calls, limper calls. pot 41$/

Flop A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif
-- I want to fold my hand knowing it is second best, but CB anyway.
-- Limper checks, I bet 31, CO calls, button folds, limper folds.

Turn 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif pot 100
-- I check, he bets 50, I fold.

Is this weak tight?

09-18-2005, 02:00 AM
What range of hands are you putting the CO on that beat you? Axs that hit two pair, suited connector two pair, or a set?

Seems like a bigger ace may have reraised you preflop to isolate ( at least that's how I like to play ak with position on an original raiser ).

Kings or queens might call the flop then play back at you when you check the turn, but again the preflop flat call doesn't quite add up.

I'm not sure what you're beating here - perhaps JJ, ATs. The only thing I might consider is how often you continue bet, it seems to me that when I continue too often, I'll get junk like KQs looking me up on the flop to see if I'll meekly check/fold the turn being OOP.

Without any other reads, to me it sounds like you took a similar line to what I'd take - although I also tend to feel a little sick when I make that c/f on the turn somehow.

Isura
09-18-2005, 10:16 AM
Tough spot. Maybe a smaller flop bet could be better (like 1/2 pot). But then again, it's not terrible to check and get the hand checked through. With 4 players in, good chance you are behind on the flop, and there are not that many free cards that could hurt you. I think I check the flop.

Morrek
09-18-2005, 10:25 AM
I really don't like raising AJo in EP/MP, would rather play small pots with this crap unless I'm on the button or CO, and this hand kindof shows why, you CB flop and get called, you have no idea where you are so you check turn. He observes your weakness and bets with Ax and you have to fold.

Los Feliz Slim
09-18-2005, 10:44 AM
AJo sucks OOP. Keep the pot small (check/call the flop). Throw out a blocking bet on the turn and fold to a raise.