PDA

View Full Version : OOP with QQ - We like?

JrJordan
09-18-2005, 01:25 AM
Table in general was pretty passive and only slightly loose. UTG will be a bit more aggro postflop when senses weakness but is still generally passive. CO is actaully another TAG at the table, no read on button.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: (13 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Instead of blindly betting out on this turn and calling down if raised, I decide to check and reevaluate when it's back to me. A bet and raise means I'm toast to trips or the flush. If it's one bet to me, I'd likely go for a c/r and be willing to fold to a 3bet if it's Button or UTG (vs. just CO I'd just call down since I feel it's possible for him to 3bet this turn with a loser). River seems like a standard Clarkmeister and I'd be willing to fold to a raise.

So who likes the variation?

dave44
09-18-2005, 01:18 PM
I like what you're trying to do and I think it makes sense if you knew the turn would get bet. However, you say the table is generally passive so it looks like this may get checked around sometimes which would be really bad for your vulnerable hand. I can't really quantify the loss of it getting checked around versus the benefit of your play, but I'd guess its pretty close.

whodaman
09-18-2005, 04:37 PM
yea.. i agree with Dave