PDA

View Full Version : Unusual line with QQ

SomethingClever
09-17-2005, 10:14 PM
Converter doesn't like this hand for some reason....

I'm in the BB with Q /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. 2 limpers, SB completes, I raise, limpers call, SB folds (lol).

Flop: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif, A /images/graemlins/heart.gif, A /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG bets, limper folds, I call.

Turn: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG bets, I call

River: 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG bets, I call

Yeah?

ArturiusX
09-17-2005, 10:15 PM
Raise that river.

kidcolin
09-17-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise that river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? He never folds a weak ace, he 3-bets good ones and sets, and he folds air and busted draws, and maybe even a pair some of the time. Added all up I think a raise is -EV

kidcolin
09-17-2005, 10:21 PM
Also, the action was confusing because he didn't mention his checks. He is OOP. So would you advice check/raising? I think not. Bet/fold? check/call?

SomethingClever
09-17-2005, 10:21 PM
You like the calldown though? Usually I fold the turn against these weak noobs in the 2/4, but they also usually slowplay their monsters... I would expect a check behind on the flop and a turn raise if he actually had an A.

SomethingClever
09-17-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet/fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

This might have merit.

kidcolin
09-17-2005, 10:25 PM
Yeah. It might be a leak of mine, but I'm not folding QQ on a two Ace flop heads up post flop.

I will usually lead the flop, though. But I think mixing it up and going straight into c/c is pretty solid, too, especially without a read. I'd hate to lead the flop and turn and get turn-raised. If opponent is bluff prone, I might take that line and call down.

ArturiusX
09-17-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise that river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? He never folds a weak ace, he 3-bets good ones and sets, and he folds air and busted draws, and maybe even a pair some of the time. Added all up I think a raise is -EV

[/ QUOTE ]

Its played dependant, but we get called a lot more then you think.

If you're worried he only 3-bets with what beats us, then we fold to a 3-bet. But mid pockets and misc holdings like K high will call the river raise, convincing themselves its a bluff.

dealer_toe
09-17-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise that river.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're worried he only 3-bets with what beats us, then we fold to a 3-bet. But mid pockets and misc holdings like K high will call the river raise, convincing themselves its a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that we get called w/ a lot of weaker holdings here. <font color="green"> </font>

kidcolin
09-17-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise that river.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that we get called w/ a lot of weaker holdings here. <font color="green"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Since it is 2/4, we will probably get called a decent amount by othe pairs. K-high ocassionally. The real question is, do we win two bets with a check-raise more than we lose two bets? I'm not so sure.