PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty Home Game #3 (with Tommy Angelo and majorkong)

Dynasty
05-06-2003, 07:08 AM
It appears 2+2 home games at my place are becoming the norm for out of town visitors. Tonight, Clarkmeister, Tommy Angelo, majorkong, and myself played about 5 hours of various pot limit games including hold'em, Omaha high, crazy pineapple, triple high draw, and A-5 lowball. We mixed in a few 3-6 games as well.

After winning in the two previous games, I ended up dropping about $50 (I was down more than twice that at one point). majorkong dropped a full rack. Most of it was in one of the biggest pots when his 77 lost to Tommy's 99 on a 9,x,7,y,9 board in pot limit Omaha high. That was probably the biggest pot of the night. Tommy lost a few dollars as well which means that Clarkmeister cleaned our clocks. He took nearly two racks from us.

I didn't get much to play. But, in general, I was playing very passively and folding a lot on the flop in the pot limit games- even when I hit the flop lightly. Clarkmeister and Tommy definitely bet me off of some good hands with large bets. Unfortunately, they weren't paying off when I was betting so I'll need to refine my approach.

So far, these 2+2ers have been in the Dynasty home games: Clarkmeister (3 times), Tommy Angelo, majorkong, Bob T., Sooga, Duke, D. Andrew, and Riff Raff.

Vehn
05-06-2003, 09:39 AM
Well save me a spot, I'll be there tomorrow through Sunday.

Barry
05-06-2003, 10:23 AM
I'll be out there in 2 weeks and am looking forward to meeting many of you; but play against you? I don't think so. Maybe I can watch.

Fitz
05-06-2003, 12:10 PM
I'm with you Barry. There has GOT to be a softer seat some where in Vegas.... lol. Although, it sounds like a fun game, and the rake is about right.

Good luck in Vegas,

RockLobster
05-06-2003, 01:24 PM
If you went to Mike Tyson's home town would you ask him to save you a spot in the ring? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

JTG51
05-06-2003, 02:31 PM
I'm jealous. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Duke
05-06-2003, 04:47 PM
So I had to miss the good one, right? I knew there was a fish in you.

Instead, I dropped 50 bets last night being a total fish. I WISH I were only playing 3-6 at that time.

~D

Mark Heide
05-06-2003, 05:48 PM
Dynasty,

It does not look like I'd ever want to be at your game unless I was the dealer and could collect the tips. Find an easier game. Don't play any pot-limit games with Tommy. Make him play limit Omaha.

Good Luck

Mark

RockLobster
05-06-2003, 09:53 PM
I'd rather be jealous than broke. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

All kidding aside, playing with a crew like this is a valuable experience (not to mention fun).

mike l.
05-07-2003, 12:57 AM
"So far, these 2+2ers have been in the Dynasty home games: Clarkmeister (3 times), Tommy Angelo, majorkong, Bob T., Sooga, Duke, D. Andrew, and Riff Raff."

me me me!! ill be practically giving my chips away if i drink a beer or two. rather give it to you chumps, i mean friends, than those sharks (and dont forget the babe!) down at the mirage.

just one question: dynasty is there an ATM in your apartment?

Clarkmeister
05-07-2003, 01:11 AM
I'm always looking for someone to drink with at these things since Dynasty doesn't touch a drop.

BTW, despite the result, there was little doubt in my mind that if I played Pot Limit long enough against Tommy, he'd eventually take me down. It helps when you make a few hands and catch Tommy when he's overtired.

You've got my number fool, use it when you are in town.

MHoydilla
05-07-2003, 03:15 AM
I would be interested in playing the next time you put a game together. If this is possible shoot me message through 2+2.

andyfox
05-07-2003, 02:04 PM
"overtired"

Is that a euphemism? I played no-limit with Tommy and my son (age 13) at my house and we were both so "overtired" that I only called his big bet after he drew two on the first draw and then stood pat on the second draw (five card draw, double draw) when I had four aces. Of course there were 6 wild cards in the deck.

Tommy Angelo
05-07-2003, 02:37 PM
for some unkown reason my laptop wot letme get here from my hotel room sonow i am on an nternet cafe machine wtih tie unnig out and an epeciaky difficut keyboard,

hey it was fun. lots. andanyone who hiks thegame was tough, repeat after me ...

no rake
and clarkmasters beer

luv andlets doit again

t

oddjob
05-07-2003, 05:36 PM
these home games sound fun.

clarkmeister and dynasty, i've learned a lot just from your guys' posts alone. it seems like you guys have infinite poker knowledge, but still seem like young guys.

what are your backgrounds? just bi-curious, i mean curious. kidding.

hillbilly
05-07-2003, 06:49 PM
"no rake
and clarkmasters beer"

heh, best to keep your guard up tommy, the first one is always free...

Franchise (TTT)
05-10-2003, 03:18 PM
Man, where else can you have your clock cleaned by these guys for only 3-6?

I'd love to be there. Extremely jealous.