PDA

View Full Version : KT suited.

Bob T.
05-06-2003, 04:24 AM
I'm trying to figure out what went right, or for that matter what went wrong here.

Online game. MP limps, I raise in the cutoff with KT of hearts, button and the blinds fold, limper calls.

Flop, 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif .

Limper checks, I bet, he thinks for a long time, and calls.

Turn, 4 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif . Limper checks, I bet, he calls instantly.

After the flop, I thought that he was on the edge of folding, so I bet again, on the turn, he almost beat my chips into the pot,I know you can't do that online, but it was close.

River, Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif . He checks, I check behind.

He had T /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif .

My King high was good.

I thought that it was an interesting hand from my standpoint, because if he openraises, he probably wins the hand preflop, instead of losing 2 1/2 big bets. He could have also folded on the flop, and saved a little money. I don't think that I had a value bet on the river, and given his tenacity on the flop with ten high, I don't think I could have gotten him to lay down a hand better than mine on the river either. Any comments?

rigoletto
05-06-2003, 06:45 AM
I think you played it fine.

When somebody uses a long time before acting it doesn't nescessarily means that he contemplates folding. He could be thinking about a raise.
Of course it could also mean:

1) Where did I put my coofe?
2) Yes honey, I'll stop playing in a minute?
3) Damn my balls scratch. Where is the ointment?
4) ...

ResidentParanoid
05-06-2003, 12:31 PM
He has overcards, backdoor flush and straight on the flop. He has to figure there's a decent chance you're on overcards, so hitting for his pair might be good, and he's getting 5-1. Don't know if that call is a mistake, but it's close call. Turn is an easy call for him.

Not sure about the river. Checking the river is probably ok.

Bob T.
05-06-2003, 12:49 PM
I actually thought that his play was more interesting than mine. He certainly had two chances to win this pot. He could have open raised, and then I would not have come in, and he probably would have won the pot preflop, or he could have checkraise semibluffed the turn, and with K-high, I really would be hard pressed to call. I thought that this hand illustrated the downfall of passive play on his part. But he probably didn't want to play strongly into a preflop raiser, flop bettor, turn bettor. So even though I didn't really have a lot, my aggressive play probably took down the pot.

I think that this was a good example of most aggressive player wins.

marbles
05-06-2003, 12:49 PM
I think the river is a pretty easy check. The only better hand you could hope he'd fold would be a weak, unimproved ace (specifically A6, A7, or A9), while there's virtually no chance he calls with a worse hand.

His flop call was pretty shaky, especially since he wasn't willing to bet the turn.