PDA

View Full Version : pumping flush draw heads up

pleyya
09-17-2005, 09:17 PM
Is this standard for you all or did i push too hard ?
I kinda feel like betting the turn since i might have some fold equity after showing so much strenght, but heads up ppl tend to call alot.....Opponent is standard semi-loose aggressive. He is aware of the fact that i am stealing.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks ?

River: (7.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

newhizzle
09-17-2005, 09:22 PM
i think you played it right, bet the turn if you think hell fold, but i doubt it with the action on the flop, i like the flop action, not for value, but for the free card that you got, if it went bet-raise-call, id probly see if i can take it on the turn, but i think that taking the free card is the best line here

pleyya
09-17-2005, 09:31 PM
yeah he did show a lot of strength, thats why i doubted he would fold on the turn. If he just called my raise i think a turn bet would be better.

gh9801
09-17-2005, 09:31 PM
Bet turn, SB can have anything here

shark6
09-17-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He is aware of the fact that i am stealing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean he's seen you consistantly raise in steal situations. Given that, I'm not sure you really have much fold equity against a guy that suspects you of stealing, in a large pot, heads up. As a consequence, I wouldn't cap the flop to try re-re-steal the pot. Rather, I'd just call the flop bet and get in a raise if you improve to a flush or top pair.

Kailia Marie
09-18-2005, 12:04 AM
Hi pleyya,

If you know he thinks your stealing there is a lot to be said about capping preflop, not just with this hand, but with any hand you may be opening with on the button. The extra small bet you invest preflop may save you (or win you) extra bets after the flop.

As far as this hand is concerned, the problem with checking behind on this turn is that your forfeit any of your bluffing equity on the river while you enhance his. Capping for a free card is fun, but the extra small bet you might save may not be worth it when:

a) it actually costs you more money when he leads into you on the turn anyways.
b) prevents you from picking up an extra bet when you do hit your flush when he check calls you.
c) allows him to bluff the river profitably when your hand looks like an obvious draw.

Against some players you should be betting this turn, while against others you should have just called the 3-bet on the flop and see the next card(s). Capping and then checking in this spot probably isn't as correct as you would think (if at all).

/images/graemlins/heart.gifKailia

W. Deranged
09-18-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you think hero is actually ahead here???

If we're capping here I think a primary reason is to take a free river. Always betting the turn with draws is a mistake, particularly if we can be pretty confident our opponent will almost always call (or check-raise).

DrewOnTilt
09-18-2005, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, not quite...SB did 3-bet both preflop and on the flop.

@bsolute_luck
09-18-2005, 12:38 PM
i put another bet in preflop /images/graemlins/grin.gif

the rest is fine. betting that turn is spewing.