PDA

View Full Version : New at 200$ did I play this too weak?

Akzhel
09-17-2005, 08:49 PM
Villain is tight VPIP around 20% and raises around 3%. I have only seen a few hands which he played quite passive. Like checking top pair bad kicker when last to act.

His read on me may be that I have put down a few hands when faced with a reraise since I have made some moves with lousy hands and when faced with reraises been forced to muck.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($280.10)
UTG ($73)
MP ($192.25)
CO :#A500AF(Villain)/ ($226.20)
Hero ($234.74)
SB ($523.15)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $2, CO :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls $2, Hero calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($9) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, BB folds, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises to $24</font>, Hero calls $8.

Turn: ($57) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises to $60</font>, Hero calls $35.

River: ($177) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $177

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Villain has 7h 5h (two pair, nines and fives).
Hero has 9d Th (three of a kind, nines).
Outcome: Hero wins $177. </font>

Akzhel
09-17-2005, 09:10 PM
Can present some thinking to make it more interesting

Preflop. Position and limpers make it nice to play T9

Flop. Villain might have the 9 the 55 or something similar as well as pocketpairs but there are no real draws.

I raise since if someone coldcalls in early pos he must have a monster. This may seem like a steal to villain who minraises just to check his status (perhaps) without loosing to much. I also raise because someone having the 9 here would often just flatcall to get some deception going.

Turn this is nasty: Obvious blank, I bet for value and get raised this indicates a monster. I am starting to feel like the only hand I can win against is 98 97 etc.

I call because I still believe my table image and my strange raise flop can put the villain at doubt of my holdings thus playing a weak hand far too strong.

River he checks. I have no clue what to do. I sort of know that a bet will only get called by better hands and check.

09-17-2005, 09:22 PM
I feel pretty good that villian doesn't have a 9 when he leads out flop, but the minre-raise on the flop scares me. Personally, there is no draw, I'm going to play this the rest of the way as cheaply as possible (unless I make a boat) and possibly folding to a push. That's my decision, but your decision should be based on your read.

I like leading turn if you think you have him beat, but again the minraise is annoying. I probably check/call river. Pot is big enough for a call.

After hand, buddy list that guy. Most important part.

Akzhel
09-17-2005, 09:31 PM
So we agree that I can't bet this river?

amoeba
09-17-2005, 09:44 PM
I might check the turn behind and call a river bet.

Akzhel
09-17-2005, 09:48 PM
I like the check turn call river because there are no draws and I might get a worse hand to bet river or even a non-existing hand to try to steal. However if I check turn and villain checks river isnt a bet good? He will sense weakness with my turn bet (last to act) and call with holdings like the one villain had this time.