PDA

View Full Version : Good application of way ahead way behind?

Yads
09-17-2005, 08:27 PM
No reads of villain as he had just recently sat down

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.66 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.66 BB

whodaman
09-17-2005, 08:31 PM
seems fine, i like to raise the flop and bet the turn and check behind the river sometimes. Normally shows down for cheaper at 3/6. and you can definetly fold to a turn c/r.
Plus sometimes you get an ace to fold the turn.

twowords
09-17-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What games have you been playing in?

oreogod
09-17-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
seems fine, i like to raise the flop and bet the turn and check behind the river sometimes. Normally shows down for cheaper at 3/6. and you can definetly fold to a turn c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 things.

1.An ace is almost never folding here.
2.Raising the flop and leading the turn is a good way to either get threebet or have your turn lead raised.
3.If he has a worse hand why do u want him to fold.

I think the call down is fine here.

whodaman
09-17-2005, 08:55 PM
3/6 and 5/10 6max

whodaman
09-17-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

3 things.

1.An ace is almost never folding here.

I dont agree. You guys would advise folding A8 and lower to this action no?

2.Raising the flop and leading the turn is a good way to either get threebet or have your turn lead raised.

If he 3 bets the flop you can fold the turn.
If he c/r the turn you can fold as well. Not many people would bluff c/r the turn against this action.

3.If he has a worse hand why do u want him to fold.

Well maybe because he could outdraw us.
I think the call down is fine here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also you showdown cheaper my way when we are behind. The only thing is that you can get bluffed out but its very rare to get c/r bluffed on the turn at 3/6 6max given the action and I just doubt he is 3 betting the flop with any hand.

jason_t
09-17-2005, 09:06 PM
If you're going to raise the flop, I think a better line is to check the turn and call a river bet.

whodaman
09-17-2005, 09:13 PM
not a bad idea at all.. you get more bluff bets but you let them draw free. you also never have to fold to a turn raise.
this depends on how aggressive your opponent is. vs an unknown 3/6 i like my line tho.

jason_t
09-17-2005, 09:16 PM
The pot isn't huge on the turn, so a free card isn't a disaster, you never get semi-bluffed off the best hand and don't miss a chance at a two-outer if behind.