PDA

View Full Version : AK, who likes this?

newhizzle
09-17-2005, 07:32 PM
no read on villians, but the goal was to eliminate CO and get to show down my UI A high for free or bet if it improves

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8.00 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

benwood
09-17-2005, 07:44 PM
I like it. The better would be more likely to check into you if he already had the completed flush. If you're going to continue, it must be right to get rid of the other guy &amp;keep control of the hand. But, I'm not sure whether it's right to bet or check the river. If he has a pair plus a busted draw, he may lay it down to a bet on the river.

trying2learn
09-17-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like it. The better would be more likely to check into you if he already had the completed flush. If you're going to continue, it must be right to get rid of the other guy &amp;keep control of the hand. But, I'm not sure whether it's right to bet or check the river. If he has a pair plus a busted draw, he may lay it down to a bet on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

he'd have to be pretty bad to lay down a pair/busted draw on the river to one bet...especially after calling the raise on the turn.

i like the line due to the redraws.

Redd
09-17-2005, 08:13 PM
There's a really good chance you're already behind, you're rarely going to win it without a showdown, you might be 3-bet, and I don't mind the guy behind me overcalling a bet that I'll win if I river the nuts. I think you're just charging yourself to draw here, and I'd much rather just call it.

krubban
09-17-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's a really good chance you're already behind, you're rarely going to win it without a showdown, you might be 3-bet, and I don't mind the guy behind me overcalling a bet that I'll win if I river the nuts. I think you're just charging yourself to draw here, and I'd much rather just call it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

TemetNosce
09-17-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you're just charging yourself to draw here, and I'd much rather just call it.

[/ QUOTE ]

TheHip41
09-17-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No one at Party 2/4 is going to bet this turn, call a raise, and fold to a nonclub, A, or K on the river. It just won't happen.

That said, eliminating the guy after you might clear up an A or K sometimes, but overall, I think you are losing to the turn donk, and he won't fold a hand you beat if you don't improve on the river.

gh9801
09-17-2005, 09:15 PM
Why are you always playing draws aggressively on the turn? I see you posting so many hands where you do (and saw firsthand at some 5/10 tables). Personally I think it's chip spewage...