PDA

View Full Version : Peel One On Flop

theBruiser500
09-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Should I be peeling one on this flop, or even raising it given that the guy who bet is last to act and could have a worse hand than me, than I shut other people out to draw to weak hands. The button is slightly bad/lag but not a strong read. If I closed the action I'd call or raise no problem, but there are 3 people behind me who could very easily be check/raising, and the pot is small, and if I'm ahead they have a lot of outs.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $15.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (8 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Lmn55d
09-17-2005, 07:23 PM
hi sir. Checkraising the flop is much better than calling. You need to peel one, but you could easily have the best hand and raising will increase your chances of winning the pot dramatically. It's well worth the 1-2 sb (he's gonna 3bet sometimes and you have to peel so on average it will be b/w 1 and 2). I know the board is coordinated and even if your hand is best, your equity is not likely to be super high. Still, in a pot of this size it is worth it.

This button could be betting a very wide range of hands here and since nobody raised preflop, I wouldn't be too afraid of someone checkraising him.

Your fold when it's two back to you is correct.

benwood
09-17-2005, 08:28 PM
This is a raise-fold decision. You should not call for the reasons stated above, IMO. In this type of situation, the further toward the back end the other player is , the less likely he is to have a J. In other words, the BB is more likely to have checked a J than any of the other players,because he may have checked to the long back position to find out what's happening before he commits himself. Thisis the same reason that you had to check up front whereas you would have bet in back. (Sorry for the long diversion,) Anyway, You have 5 outs to make 2 pr. or better + count about 1 more out for the backdoor flush + the fact that your hand may be the best right now. It seems very close between a raise &amp; a fold to me. I would have to be at the table. BTW, on good thing about a raise--It may cause BB (or someone else0 to fold a week J.

ncboiler
09-17-2005, 08:32 PM
Calling is the worst option. I would lean towards raising but folding is not out of the question.

Rootabager
09-17-2005, 08:34 PM
I raise here 90% of the time, but I love to raise. Is that too bad of a play?

I think your going to have the best hand here a large percentage of the time.

theBruiser500
09-18-2005, 11:49 AM
thanks for the responses, i guess it clearly is a raise or fold situatino, i think fold given the texture of the board and 3 people to act behind me. however change it a little bit and it could be a raise. in the hand one of them had j9 the other had kj

Justin A
09-18-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thanks for the responses, i guess it clearly is a raise or fold situatino, i think fold given the texture of the board and 3 people to act behind me. however change it a little bit and it could be a raise. in the hand one of them had j9 the other had kj

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the type of hand you might peel had the bet come from your left and you were closing the action or close to it.

W. Deranged
09-18-2005, 03:46 PM
I personally think you have way too much hand here to fold, particularly considering you may have the best hand and you have like 6.5 outs to improve. Since your hand is vulnerable, raising is much better than folding here.

So I simply raise this flop. Calling is not good. Folding I think is also definitely not as good as continuing on. I actually think folding may even be worse than folding.

Justin A
09-18-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I personally think you have way too much hand here to fold, particularly considering you may have the best hand and you have like 6.5 outs to improve. Since your hand is vulnerable, raising is much better than folding here.

So I simply raise this flop. Calling is not good. Folding I think is also definitely not as good as continuing on. I actually think folding may even be worse than folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm....

W. Deranged
09-18-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm....

[/ QUOTE ]

I am an extremely wise fellow... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I meant I think folding is probably worse than calling.

Dagger78
09-18-2005, 07:48 PM
I'm in the monority here, but I think this is a fold. The pot is small (7BB before your raise), your hand is easy to draw out on, you'll be in terrible position the entire hand, and this flop is likely one to hit several limpers.

If the pot was 10BB or more I'd raise, but as it stands the pot is small and you're only getting 3.5-1 on your raise with only 6.5 outs if you're behind.

Flame on