PDA

View Full Version : Disconnect abuse (no hands)

Ghazban
09-17-2005, 07:07 PM
How big a problem is disconnect abuse? I saw very little of it in the 1/2 games on Party (both full and 6-max) but have been disconnected on with the nuts vs. a very strong hand 3 times in the 2/4 6-max games within the past few days. Of course I report it every time it happens to me and any time I notice it happening in a hand I'm at the table for but Party skins don't seem to do anything about it (there was a thread in MHSNL a week or two ago about this, too). Is this just going to get worse and worse as I move up? Its really pissing me off.

TheWorstPlayer
09-17-2005, 07:08 PM
At these levels, there are always plenty of good tables. Weight your table selection towards no DP tables.

Ghazban
09-17-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At these levels, there are always plenty of good tables. Weight your table selection towards no DP tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, I'm going to take a no DP table over an equally good regular table; however when 4 uberfish sit at a regular table, I'm sure as heck not choosing a no DP table (this happened today in fact; the only guy I didn't know at the table was the guy who disconnected with top set vs. my straight on the turn). At the 1/2 I saw it rarely enough that it wasn't necessary to actively seek out no DP tables.

TheWorstPlayer
09-17-2005, 07:15 PM
Yeah, these guys are wankers. And even if you report them, even if Party allegedly removes their disc protect, they still disc on you the next week. Nothing you can do but refuse to play those tables, really.

09-17-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, these guys are wankers. And even if you report them, even if Party allegedly removes their disc protect, they still disc on you the next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see this said alot here on 2+2 but it's not true. I read the referenced post from the MHNL section and they're wrong.

I have a confession, I'm a wanker. I d/c to keep my win rate up. Well I did. Last week sometime I was playing a crazy table with a maniac and I d/c'ed when I had AK in a raised pot on a A89 board, someone had 89 and I lost a $75 pot. Whatever. Somebody complained. No email from Party or anything. Just "you currently have no d/p email support, etc" when I sit a table now. I've been waiting for this message to go away but it simply will not and it's been a week today so don't tell me they don't take it away when it's reported and somebody does it over and over and over again. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bukem_
09-17-2005, 08:08 PM
It's actually pretty infrequent.

You've probably just been unlucky lately.