PDA

View Full Version : Best SnG's at what poker room

09-17-2005, 06:37 PM
Im wondering which poker rooms you guys have success in playing at lower limit SnG's? By lower limit, I mean $6 all the way to ~$50. Obviously I should define what I mean by "best": loose tables, with a decent chip stack/blind increase level...

the reason I post this is that I recently moved from Party to Empire, and the Empire tourneys are incredibly passive, even at the $6 level... Im going to work hard, get my $200 deposit back, and move sites, my question now is, where?

it should be noted that I enjoyed success at over 5k party poker SnG's, so unless I have the worst table choice luck in the world, I have a good idea of whence I speak.

bjb23
09-17-2005, 06:42 PM
ok, before you get flamed, the players on party= the players on empire. they both operate on the same network ie. empire is a "skin" of party poker.

and you say the tourneys are too passive... do you want to be facing aggressive opponents??

valenzuela
09-17-2005, 06:43 PM
dude empirepoker and partypoker share sngs...

EricW
09-17-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im wondering which poker rooms you guys have success in playing at lower limit SnG's? By lower limit, I mean $6 all the way to ~$50. Obviously I should define what I mean by "best": loose tables, with a decent chip stack/blind increase level...

the reason I post this is that I recently moved from Party to Empire, and the Empire tourneys are incredibly passive, even at the $6 level... Im going to work hard, get my $200 deposit back, and move sites, my question now is, where?

it should be noted that I enjoyed success at over 5k party poker SnG's, so unless I have the worst table choice luck in the world, I have a good idea of whence I speak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to sound like a prick, but this is the prime example of small sample sizes not meaning anything. Party and Empire have the same pool of players. So your hypothesis of Empire Sit N gos being softer than Party's is false.

splashpot
09-17-2005, 06:44 PM
Like the other guy said, when you sit down at a table on Empire, the other players at your table could be using Party, Eurobet, Multipoker, Pokernow, or Intertops.

cha59
09-17-2005, 06:50 PM
Decent starting stacks? Here are a few good sites:

Ultimate Bet 1500
Poker Room 1500
Poker Stars 1500
Full Tilt 1500

Poker Room is probably the softest of those. Stars has the most players, next to Party and skins.

09-18-2005, 09:23 PM
well, I was looking more for an answer along the lines of cha's, but at least no one flamed me!!

so you guys are saying that over a 3 day stretch, I ran into ...I'd say, 100 tourneys at the $6 and $11 level, that had incredibly tight players preflop? Im talking at LEAST 15 times I saw level 8 at a $6 with 5-8 players.... I dont think I ever saw that before.

well, they share players, so I guess I must be wrong, but damn... why such a weird run of tables.

and to answer an earlier post... my ideal SNG opponents would LAG like 56k (get it, a homonym!). I play the typical line of uber tight converting to pretty lose around level 5, and it doesnt help that there are still 7 players in.

again thanks for the non-flaming answers.

cha59
09-18-2005, 09:49 PM
If you are looking for loose opponents, Party/Empire has the largest number of them.

Pacific has even worse players (way worse) than Party and skins but their software sucks and you can only play one game at a time - no multitabling.

The other sites I listed require you to play a different game than you typically want to play at Party because of the deeper stacks, different structures and slightly tighter players.