PDA

View Full Version : OT: Shuffle Algorithm Setup?

09-17-2005, 05:58 PM
first off, I am not making a bad beat post!!! the bad beats I offer here as the basis for my question are just that, the basis for my question. Im not on tilt, Im not venting, yada ya. This is the best place to ask this question, given the huge knowledge base here.

I put in 200 in empire poker last night, and played roughly 300 hands. Since then I have had Aces cracked by Queens once, and twos twice. I have seen my kings come up against aces each of the 3 times I have had them, and I have had aces outdrawn to a 4-on the board flush by jacks once.

I am wondering, is there any truth at all to the "theory" that empire poker sets up nice pockets against eachother? I know Im most likely just on a cold run of big proportions, but Im just wondering.

please dont flame. if you have good input here, say it, even criticism of me asking the question.

I moved from pp to ep for the rakeback and bonus, and I've not seen bad beats like these in 10k hands at pp, or maybe my memory is just off.

thanks for reading, and I'd love to hear some input here.

eric

DoomSlice
09-17-2005, 06:01 PM
First, Empire Poker has the same tables/card as Party Poker.

Second, no, but variance and selective memory are bitches, eh?.

09-17-2005, 06:06 PM
yeah, I guess this is just variance rearing its INCREDIBLY ugly head.

I figure the way to look at this is the fact that I now have some HUGE karma comin back.
yall, I guess you should disregard this post.

turns out it was a venting bad beat post after all,
sorry.