PDA

View Full Version : Online tournaments and expected win %

Bat Cape
05-06-2003, 12:33 AM
Hi all. I posted a similar question in the tournament section but no one responded. How often should a solid tournament player expect to place in a tournament? I am a new tournament player on an unbelievable roll. I've made 4/6 final tables, finishing 5th, 3rd (twice), and 2nd. These were all NL $50 or less buy-in. While I am not sure, I would think this would be pretty out of the ordinary. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

CtPokerPro
05-06-2003, 01:48 AM
I think the answer can be derived from a simple algebraic equation. I'm not going to attempt it for you because I don't know your expected hourly return you desire.

It is as simple as plugging the values into a formula that would equal what you are trying to accomplish as far as your hourly earn.

Your hourly earn desire is what you are solving for (x), and the rest of the variables should be easy to determine.

Hung
05-06-2003, 02:43 AM
Hey Bat,

I have posted a similar question in the tournament section. I got a lot of replies. You can do a search. It was a few weeks ago. I was doing really well in tournaments. And I wanted to know how many times a professional player like DOyle Brunson would win. Let's say he would play 100 tournaments, how many would he win? All kind of tournaments, not only the big ones. This means he'll be playing agaist big fish and top class players.
If everything goes right you'll win a tournament. But everything has to go right. If you move in with 99 against AKs you should win, because you've a little edge. You've to win your coinflips. If I lose my coinflip I just bust our early. But if I manage to win one or two close decissions I'm on my way for last table.

CtPokerPro
05-06-2003, 03:06 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
If I lose my coinflip I just bust our early.

[/ QUOTE ]

or move on to the next hand in LIMIT holdem. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

lorinda
05-06-2003, 08:34 AM
A typical figure for return on investment in multi table tournaments for a good player is 100%, that is that you should double your money.

I sent you a PM to this effect in response to your initial post.

If you didnt find it, go to your home, and click on recieved messages, you will find out what the flashing envelope means /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Lori