Hero is button with KJo
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, folded to Hero, Hero raises

Hand #2 - 9 handed
Hero is CO with KJo
UTG calls. folded to Hero, Hero raises

Hand #3 - 9 handed
Hero is CO with KJo
Folded to Mp3. Mp3 calls. Hero raises.

Now why am I posting this. I wonder if KJo is a good hand to try and isolate with, normally I call only from late position with it and fold it always to a raise, only time previously I am raising with it is too blind steal. Also I am looking for situations PF to increase my numbers. Right now I am 14/7 after 11k hands at 1/2 and I think I am missing alot of profitable situations, especially raising with weaker hands to isolate.

Results of hands??
<font color="white">
Well none of them worked out.
Hand 1 - Flop is KQ6 rainbow - BB check/calls down and catches a Queen on the river with his QJ

Hand 2 - Flop is 778 and I forgoe my continuation bet becuase I wasnt paying attention, then folded to turn BB bet on another low card

Hand 3- Flop is KTx - my computer freezes up ($#%#$% nvidia cards!!!) and I default fold with no disconnect protect at Paradise and the pot slides to MP3 after he checks</font>

afk
09-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Against most 1/2 players I think these are all fairly standard raises. It's probably situations like these that you're missing out on... 14/7 is too tight, dude. You especially want to start making more raises from the CO/button if the button and/or blinds are tight.

edit: I should add that I haven't played full ring in a long time, but once I started making these types of isolation raises my numbers started to fall in line with what I see on the forums. Another good excercise is too play around with PokerStove - give the limpers a reasonable limping hand (based on their style of play) and then play around with hands you would see from the blinds. I think you'll find that you're a lot better off than you previously thought a lot of the time.

Online247
09-17-2005, 05:43 PM
These are fairly easy raises man. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Greg J
09-17-2005, 05:46 PM
I will add my voice to the chorus here: these are all fine raises.

09-17-2005, 05:53 PM
For the sake of one's sanity you must raise here, because fast-forward to the showdown and the bozo who catches the miracle card to beat you will almost always be one of the blinds. No reason to encourage anything resembling multiway action with KJo.