PDA

View Full Version : River decision

gharp
09-17-2005, 05:10 PM
MP is normal tight, Button is loose and on the passive side, SB is squeaky tight and BB is loose and on the aggressive side.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero...

Redd
09-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Is this a 6max table or a short FR table?

Shillx always says that if you're going to raise the flop, you need to be prepared to go to war (because of the win 1, lose 2 situation). I'm not willing to go to war with this one, so I probably wouldn't raise it. You're only ahead of A5 or a laggy AT that didn't 3-bet pf (which seems unlikely).

Brain
09-17-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Shillx always says that if you're going to raise the flop, you need to be prepared to go to war (because of the win 1, lose 2 situation). I'm not willing to go to war with this one, so I probably wouldn't raise it. You're only ahead of A5 or a laggy AT that didn't 3-bet pf (which seems unlikely).

[/ QUOTE ]

You're also ahead of 85.

[/nit] /images/graemlins/smile.gif

eviljeff
09-17-2005, 05:26 PM
I think this is a pretty easy raise for value. the problem is what to do if you get 3bet as it indicates, IMO, a set or better (unless he is ATM or didn't notice the 4-to-a-straight). lacking a narrower read I'd probably cry-call the 3bet.

kapw7
09-17-2005, 05:27 PM
I don't usually play this preflop. I like the rest. I hope you raised the river.

gharp
09-17-2005, 11:53 PM
OK, well I raised the river, BB called and showed 85o and MHIG. At the time I was happy about the value raise, but afterwards I started to wonder if it was correct. I didn't see him capping A9 on the flop, so I figure he has A8/A5/85 (I figured a set would wait for the turn -- maybe a mistake to think that).

I didn't want to think about getting 3-bet, but I wasn't too worried since I figured he would assume I had the straight and just call.

And, yeah, preflop mayb be a little thin. This is a situation where I change my play a bit -- I don't raise &lt; A6o here unless I'm at the tightest of tables, but I feel like A7/A8 is in kind of a gray area.

gharp
09-17-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Does it matter?