jayg1022 folds.

** Dealing Turn ** [ 6d ]

TheJProbst bets [$12].

lofroth raises [$24].

TheJProbst calls [$12].

** Dealing River ** [ 4h ]

lofroth bets [$50].
TheJProbst calls [$50].

lofroth shows [ Tc, 9c ] a straight, nine to king.
TheJProbst shows [ Kd, Kc ] three of a kind, kings.
lofroth wins $172.50 from the main pot with a straight, nine to king.

I think I either should have foled to the min raise or pushed. This is such a tuff spot and I hate it. The min raise screams a Nut hand like AT. Ive seen many many posts on this topic and it seems that most of the time everyone gets there money in on the flop. I havnt seen anything like this hand. I need help on all streets.

09-17-2005, 06:04 PM
I always have trouble getting away from these hands as well, and the minraise is almost always a super big hand, it seems to be the donk way of "slowplaying" the nuts. I dont see how you could play it differenty... the only thing I might have done is after the minraise, I would have checked the river, employing the gap concept, as I couldnt have called 50 as comfortably as I bet it.

a question I have for those more educated than me.... was villain's $3 call with T9s a good one? I desperately would like to play in 6-max, but would never call heads up with that... should I?

Shibby
09-17-2005, 06:12 PM
He's got position and him calling makes it attractive for the blinds to come in with a pretty large range of hands. I'm calling this on the button 90% of the time and probably folding after the flop about that often as well, but for those times that I hit a flop hard, it makes up for the other small losses. With deep stacks, these are hands you should be looking to play with position.

deadmoney98
09-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Definitely call the min raise on the turn, but definitely be thinking you need to fill up. I call some smaller bets (like $25) on the river, but his bet is almost always the nuts or close to it. Tough hand, but I think you could have folded for $50 on the river.

FWIW, I actually hate advice like this, cause if your opponents are any good they should know to bet big on the end with air. Of course very few players at this level pay that much attention to their opponents.

Like I said, tough hand, sometimes you are just doomed to be second best.

09-17-2005, 06:52 PM
you have to call the miniraise on the turn, b/c you have a lot of outs to the boat. And if you fill up, I'm thinking this guy pays you off. On the river...yeah, you could have folded, but it's pretty tough to put this guy on 10-9 or A-10. You raised pretty big preflop. I think this guy could just as easily have two pair or a smaller set. The river decision is tough, but I think it could go either way. I think you played it fine.

09-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Betting this turn is a must right. There is no way I could just check call down in this situation is there?