PDA

View Full Version : Folded the best hand in a good pot. How should I have known?

hemstock
09-17-2005, 04:17 PM
CO is a big passive postflop fish with an AF of .40 after 100 hands
MP3 is a LAA

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, Hero folds, MP3 calls.

River: (11 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

I was thinking about check/folding the flop but I decided to give it a battle. How the hell could one suspect that a pair of nines would win this pot? Im really annoyed about this hand. Is my fold good here?

And btw SpiritMeadow [censored] you buddy. I don't know which 2+2er you are, and I could care less, but you are trully a class act (not).

Vote4Pedro
09-17-2005, 04:29 PM
With the numbers you provided, I don't see this dude making these kinda plays very often. Although the pot is big, and the aces pairing make it less likely that someones actually holding one, I still think you can find a fold vs. this villian

POKhER
09-17-2005, 04:29 PM
Dude i must of said "SUP BRO" "HEMSTOCK" 10x at one of your tables (When i lost 17BB, but i blame 3hrs sleep, 12hrs work, and a headache, and crappy cards for that /images/graemlins/grin.gif).
Although you were 4tabling so i guess you wouldnt look?

Anyhow, I'd say your flop call in the major mistake?

On the turn, whenever the highest card hits again(Like this) i think "Hmm does he hold an ace now?" and are more likly to call down.

Anyhow on the flop if your ahead, the turn fold is illogical as your drawing to 2outs, then his hand is even better? but you called the flop? So if you were ahead then.. you still are?

However due to your read, and his aggression the flop is where i'd let it go(Screams i've got top pair).

Vote4Pedro
09-17-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyhow, I'd say your flop call in the major mistake?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say folding in this situation is "major" mistake...this pot is HUGE, and you have ~3.5 outs

POKhER
09-17-2005, 04:45 PM
Yeh your right, i was thinking hemstock thought he was ahead hence the call... So folding turn is stupid.

Guess he had the odds, which means turn fold is fine.

Ax beats us so ah well.
Cheer up hemstock, dont be results orientated bro /images/graemlins/wink.gif?

KingOtter
09-17-2005, 05:27 PM
When I see another A hit on the turn I think, 'The chances of someone holding an A in their hand just went down drastically.'

I bet at that point. If I get raised I get called down, but I don't expect to see an A there unless someone goes nuts.

KO

BatsShadow
09-17-2005, 07:10 PM
I think I play this the same way. Especially if the agressor in this is normally passive.