PDA

View Full Version : KQo flops second pair

09-17-2005, 04:07 PM
5-10 live, no real read on opponents. This is a bit hazy since I just got home and it's 6am. Table's pretty loose and passive, although people do get "tricky' now and then.

I have K /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif in early position, 8-handed

PREFLOP: two folds, I raise, one limper, two folds, SB calls, BB calls.

FLOP(8 SB): A /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, BB checks, I bet, limper folds, SB calls, BB calls

TURN(5.5 BB): A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, BB checks, I bet, SB calls, BB check-raises, I fold.

Is this standard?

Dagger78
09-17-2005, 04:11 PM
Pretty standard, I doubt the BB is check-raising two people on the turn with a worse hand than yours.

Redd
09-17-2005, 04:14 PM
This is good IMO. It's gonna take alot of chutzpah to bluff c/r two people (trapping one in the process), especially since your play is really represnting an ace.

09-17-2005, 04:31 PM
Yeah I thought so. Unfortunately they both had Q-rag and I would have won the pot with my K kicker! I guess it comes down to a read on the check-raiser. Still, it's a hard one to call.

Redd
09-17-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I thought so. Unfortunately they both had Q-rag and I would have won the pot with my K kicker! I guess it comes down to a read on the check-raiser. Still, it's a hard one to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think in this situation this will happen less than 1 time in 5, so despite this loss it's +EV in the long run.