PDA

View Full Version : 20 yards rushing!

natedogg
09-17-2005, 03:48 PM
I don't believe anyone really thinks that the New York Giants have a stellar run defense. Yet they held Arizona to TWENTY yards rushing. Twenty yards! I can't remember the last time I saw a number that low. Something is very wrong with the Arizona running game and it doesn't help that they just fired their center. A change at center is always hard to adjust to for a team.

This is one where I think I have to go against my better judgment and take the Rams here. Yes, it's their second road game in a row. Yes, they historically play down to the competition in Arizona. Yes it'll be 120 degrees.

But see here, let's look at the 9er game, they held SF to to 39 rushing yards? 39? How did they lose that game? Well the 9er defense sacked up is what happened. And while the Cardinal defense is not as bad as most people think, it's hard to imagine them getting 7 sacks.

The Arizona special teams play was awful vs. the Giants, whereas the 9er special teams play was the difference maker. Can Arizona turn it around and rush for more than twenty yards and fix their coverage unit?

I say take the Rams. Arizons rushed for 20 yards for gods sake. 20 yards.

natedogg