PDA

View Full Version : I've been playing bad...

NLSoldier
09-17-2005, 03:46 PM
like seriously, really bad. Im not sure what my problem is. I think its mostly lack of focus/attention to my tables and its costing me lots of money. So for the next 1 hour I am going to try to play mistake free poker. To motivate myself, I will post every hand that I think I made a mistake on in this thread.

Wish me luck.

BTW-I wont be posting any hands till the 1 hr is over.

baronzeus
09-17-2005, 03:46 PM
GL bro. I will respond if you make any mistakes

Wynton
09-17-2005, 04:14 PM
I'd do something similar, but the volume of posts I'd make would probably crash the server.

Surfbullet
09-17-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd do something similar, but the volume of posts I'd make would probably crash the server.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly.

GL NLsoldier. Focus is soooo important and often ignored as a possible cause of bad play. I may know what to do but if I'm not paying enough attention to implement it that's a huge problem.

Surf

NLSoldier
09-17-2005, 05:03 PM
Well, I only lasted 35 minutes, but I did learn some things.

1.I am actually a pretty good poker player when I am not distracted by AIM, 2+2, phone, etc. (I had been starting to question this the past few days)

2.Poker is really [censored] boring. Especially good poker. This is what leads to my two biggest problems. Doing other stuff while I play, and playing too loose. I think the biggest reason I have gotten so loose lately is becuase I get really bored and actually want to get myself into some sticky/interesting situations postflop. I was even playing 2 HU tables part of the time and was still bored, wtf is my problem. Maybe I need to move up in stakes to get my adrenaline going a little bit.

The good news: I didnt make any of the retarded mistakes which I normally make, like forgetting that I didnt raise preflop, and donking into the pfr on a horrible flop for my hand. Or not raising a river because I am too interested in an AIM convo to realize that I rivered a straight. So since I didnt have any crap like that happen, Ill just post what I thought were my 3 most questionable hands. I really dont hate the way I played any of them, but maybe you guys will.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $20.
BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero is feeling sexy,

wackjob
09-17-2005, 05:12 PM
&lt;----- MAIN DISTRACTION. 2 hot brunettes kissing, I CANNOT concentrate! Put a picture of a fat man's ass as your avatar &amp; it will for sure help my game distraction and maybe yours as well!

TTChamp
09-17-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3, A.
1 fold, Hero raises, SB calls, BB 3-bets, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 2, 3, 5 (3 players)
SB checks, BB bets, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) K (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.50 BB) 2 (2 players)
BB bets, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you can get away from this one on the river. Unless you have a read that he is reckless enough to bet something like aq here, I think you can safely fold on the river. What hands are you beating that he is 3 betting PF and betting at you on the river?

NLSoldier
09-17-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3, A.
1 fold, Hero raises, SB calls, BB 3-bets, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 2, 3, 5 (3 players)
SB checks, BB bets, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) K (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.50 BB) 2 (2 players)
BB bets, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you can get away from this one on the river. Unless you have a read that he is reckless enough to bet something like aq here, I think you can safely fold on the river. What hands are you beating that he is 3 betting PF and betting at you on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking AQ/AJ but I wasnt really sure if he would bet those on the river or not.

spydog
09-17-2005, 05:48 PM
Hand 1: Bet the turn. There is a good chance you have him reverse dominated. The King kind of sucks, but AQ/AJ/AT/A9 are all very possible. Calling the river is mandatory after checking the turn.

Hand 2: Bad river fold. Turn was the ultimate bluff card for villian and, well, there's a good chance he's bluffing with nothing. While the 4th spade on the river lessens our chances, I still call.

Hand 3: I lead the river. A Jack would have raised the flop or turn. A worse ten will raise the river if you bet, allowing you to 3-bet. A pocket pair will call, but might check through. The only way a check-raise can be good is if villian will bluff his overcards, but he's still not paying off a raise and he might have called with AK/AQ anyway.

arkady
09-17-2005, 06:12 PM
STOP IT.

arkady
09-17-2005, 06:22 PM
So in Hand 2, what exactly is villain raising the turn with? Complete and total nothing? I think I would just let go to the turn raise, but if not - then that 4th spade seals it. Even 68o just got there.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Bet the turn. There is a good chance you have him reverse dominated. The King kind of sucks, but AQ/AJ/AT/A9 are all very possible. Calling the river is mandatory after checking the turn.

Hand 2: Bad river fold. Turn was the ultimate bluff card for villian and, well, there's a good chance he's bluffing with nothing. While the 4th spade on the river lessens our chances, I still call.

Hand 3: I lead the river. A Jack would have raised the flop or turn. A worse ten will raise the river if you bet, allowing you to 3-bet. A pocket pair will call, but might check through. The only way a check-raise can be good is if villian will bluff his overcards, but he's still not paying off a raise and he might have called with AK/AQ anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

krishanleong
09-17-2005, 06:24 PM
Hand 1 I like.

Hand 2 I like.

Hand 3 I don't like. Bet it because he probably doesn't have a J and if he has a T, you can 3-bet. Based on a read it can be good of course.

Krishan