PDA

View Full Version : pocket jacks get a little sticky

redbeard
09-17-2005, 03:22 PM
i have a few hand scenerios that come up fairly frequently and i wondered how everyone else handled them. in these situations the hero is in the co with jj. it is two folds to him, the hero raises, the button and small blind fold and the villan in the bb calls. the villan's stats are 40/10 preflop with a postflop agression factor of 1.25 for all streets.

flop #1: Ad Qc 6h

scenerio1:
villan checks, hero bets, villan calls.
turn: 8s villan checks, hero ??????

scenerio2:(same flop)
villan checks, hero bets, villan raises, hero ?????

scenerio3:(same flop)
villan bets, hero ??????

flop #2: Ad Tc 6h

scenerio1:
villan checks, hero bets, villan calls
turn: 8s villan checks, hero ?????

scenerio2:(see flop #2)

scenerio3:(see flop #2)
villan bets, hero ?????

RiverTheNuts
09-17-2005, 03:32 PM
1) Im betting the turn, folding to a raise, and checking behind on the river

2) Fold... he isnt trying for a freecard OOP or doing this with a 6

3) I raise and fold to a 3 bet, betting the turn and checking behind on the river

2-

1) Bet, still probably folding to a raise, if called bet again on river

2) I might go into calldown mode here ... its WA/WB

3) same as in flop 1, with possibly deciding to raise the turn

cartman
09-20-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

flop #1: Ad Qc 6h

scenerio1:
villan checks, hero bets, villan calls.
turn: 8s villan checks, hero ??????

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet and fold to a raise. Usually check behind on the river.

[ QUOTE ]

scenerio2:(same flop)

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold immediately unless you are up against a maniacal type who checkraises every virtually every flop heads up. Against him just call all the way down.

[ QUOTE ]

scenerio3:(same flop)
villan bets, hero ??????

[/ QUOTE ]

I fold. If the board was drawier and the opponent is the type that will bet his draws and his pairs, then I would probably raise the flop, bet the turn and check behind on the river (folding to any aggression beyond the flop bet). Against an opponent who is both very aggressive and very willing to bet and raise with both draws and pairs, then just calling down is best because raising at any point opens us up to being 3-bet out of the pot by a worse hand.

[ QUOTE ]

flop #2: Ad Tc 6h

scenerio1:
villan checks, hero bets, villan calls
turn: 8s villan checks, hero ?????

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is the tyoe who would only checkraise the turn with an Ace, then bet and fold to a raise and bet the river and fold to a raise. If he is the type who is quite willing to checkraise with less than an Ace then you should consider checking behind on the turn and calling a river bet.

[ QUOTE ]

scenerio2:(see flop #2)

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually fold immediately. Against an extremely aggressive opponent who will checkraise this flop with a wide variety of non-Ace hands, I call all the way down.

[ QUOTE ]

scenerio3:(see flop #2)
villan bets, hero ?????

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is the kind who is willing to 3-bet the flop or checkraise the turn without an Ace, then just call all the way down. If he is the kind who would only make these moves with an Ace then raise the flop, bet the turn, and bet the river (folding to any further raises and sometimes folding to a donkbet on the turn or river).

It is worth noting that many opponents would only bet or raise on an Ace high board vs a preflop raiser if they have an Ace or better. Against them, just fold immediately as soon as they communicate to you that you are behind.

Cartman

deepsquat
09-20-2005, 04:39 AM
Flop1:

Scenario 1- i bet/fold the turn as the last $ i put in the pot.

Scenarion 2&3- i fold.

Flop2:

Scenario1: 8s isnt much of a bluff card so i fold.

Sceanrios 2&3- drawless boards so i fold.