PDA

View Full Version : How weird is this?

Schneids
09-17-2005, 03:18 PM
One night when Bicyclekick and I were driving to Canterbury we were talking about fav movies, and thanks to me the topic somehow got to Natalie Portman and Lindsay Lohan and Rachel McAdams, to which I learned that BK has no clue who any of these women are. Basically, we could put pics up of these three, and ask him "who is who?" and he would not be able to do that. "I don't keep track of celebrities, I keep track of myself," he says (real quote!).

Is it even possible to live in America, be a heterosexual 22 year old male, and not know these girls by name?

2+2 wannabe
09-17-2005, 03:19 PM
I only know what Lindsay Lohan looks like out of those three

STLantny
09-17-2005, 03:20 PM
I dont know who Rachel Mchadams is.

PokerBob
09-17-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One night when Bicyclekick and I were driving to Canterbury we were talking about fav movies, and thanks to me the topic somehow got to Natalie Portman and Lindsay Lohan and Rachel McAdams, to which I learned that BK has no clue who any of these women are. Basically, we could put pics up of these three, and ask him "who is who?" and he would not be able to do that. "I don't keep track of celebrities, I keep track of myself," he says (real quote!).

Is it even possible to live in America, be a heterosexual 22 year old male, and not know these girls by name?

[/ QUOTE ]

he is a dork, perhaps?

NLSoldier
09-17-2005, 03:21 PM
make him watch mean girls with you.

KidPokerX
09-17-2005, 03:22 PM
are they all anorexic?

HopeydaFish
09-17-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I only know what Lindsay Lohan looks like out of those three

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but you'd recognize the names of the other three, right? It's almost impossible to avoid not hearing the names of certain "in" celebrities through the media, even if you have absolutely no interest in their movies.

fsuplayer
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no. and rachel mcadams is my new girlfriend.

Schneids
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to be lending it to him since he hasn't seen it and it's one of my favorite movies.

chuddo
09-17-2005, 03:31 PM
http://www.doorfromhell.com/blog/archives/images/lohan-beach-02.jpg
so-so

http://underscorebleach.net/jotsheet/images/lindsay_lohan_fat.jpg
meat-legs

http://www.offoffoff.com/film/2004/images/closer1.jpg
fantastic

http://www.dorkforlife.net/rachel/gallery/candid/showest/s-mcadams004.jpg
cute, but a bit derby-ish.

portman gets the nod.

captZEEbo1
09-17-2005, 03:34 PM
I only know Portman because she's been in 4-star movies (movie snob here), other 2 I have no clue what they look like/what they've done (well Lohan might be a singer/actor or something).

LethalRose
09-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Im somewhat the same as your buddy. I dont care and/or follow celebrities lives, i really dont give a damn who is [censored] who. I do watch movies so I do know some actors, but not many. There are more important things in life than following every move of celebrities. America has an obsession over celebrities in trying to emulate them, i think its retarded. People who read US and those other stupid celebrity magazines are doing nothing but waste time. I like to better myself. You're also basically paying people to follow celebrities around like stalkers snapping pictures and make up stupid stories about them which i also think is stupid.

smb394
09-17-2005, 03:37 PM
I have absolutely no clue about this Rachael McAdams.

He should probably know the other 2.

PokerBob
09-17-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im somewhat the same as your buddy. I dont care and/or follow celebrities lives, i really dont give a damn who is [censored] who. I do watch movies so I do know some actors, but not many. There are more important things in life than following every move of celebrities. America has an obsession over celebrities in trying to emulate them, i think its retarded. People who read US and those other stupid celebrity magazines are doing nothing but waste time. I like to better myself. You're also basically paying people to follow celebrities around like stalkers snapping pictures and make up stupid stories about them which i also think is stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is all well and good, but not knowing who Natalie Portman is is just odd.

Yeti
09-17-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he is a dork, perhaps?

[/ QUOTE ]

Colonel Kataffy
09-17-2005, 04:13 PM
This is very weird.

Sponger15SB
09-17-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to be lending it to him since he hasn't seen it and it's one of my favorite movies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa....

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure about this?

LethalRose
09-17-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

this is all well and good, but not knowing who Natalie Portman is is just odd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed.

TheWorstPlayer
09-17-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im somewhat the same as your buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is it possible to post on 2+2 and not know who BK is?

LethalRose
09-17-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im somewhat the same as your buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is it possible to post on 2+2 and not know who BK is?

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently..

Brain
09-17-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have absolutely no clue about this Rachael McAdams.

He should probably know the other 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

bicyclekick
09-17-2005, 04:45 PM
Haha. Mostly true. I know natalie portman but not really. I've heard of Linday Lohan, and not rachel mcadams. You're right, I probably couldn't pick them out of a lineup. So what. You couldn't pick a girl up period. ;P I don't have a facination with celebs. I couldn't care less. I'll focus on girls I actually have a chance with.

I suppose if you can't ever get the real thing, you may as well shoot high for your beat off sessions.

And you got my quote wrong, dumbass.

Sully
09-17-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa....

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong here Sponger....it is actually a very funny and clever movie. Definitely not near my top ten, but a pleasant surprise.

Sponger15SB
09-17-2005, 04:48 PM
BK 1
Schneids 0

Sponger15SB
09-17-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're wrong here Sponger....it is actually a very funny and clever movie. Definitely not near my top ten, but a pleasant surprise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said it wasn't a good movie.

Btw, gay dudes are obesssed with Lindsey Lohan.

-Skeme-
09-17-2005, 05:03 PM
Natalie Portman is a [censored] Goddess. And Mean Girls is awesome as hell.

NLSoldier
09-17-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Haha. Mostly true. I know natalie portman but not really. I've heard of Linday Lohan, and not rachel mcadams. You're right, I probably couldn't pick them out of a lineup. So what. You couldn't pick a girl up period. ;P I don't have a facination with celebs. I couldn't care less. I'll focus on girls I actually have a chance with.

I suppose if you can't ever get the real thing, you may as well shoot high for your beat off sessions.

And you got my quote wrong, dumbass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored] I feel bad for schneider, I dunno if he is gonna be able to recover after he reads this.

smokingrobot
09-17-2005, 05:57 PM
mean girls was definately a lot better than i thought it would be.