PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 6max hand

kapw7
09-17-2005, 02:22 PM
I am working lately on trying to rely more on players reads and a bit less in comparison with hands-odds etc. I was clearing a sign-up bonus (don't ask...) at 1/2 and the following hand came up:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

UTG is a maniac 87/38. His limping means that he has crap (as he usually raises)or a monster. The former being more likely of course. SB has TAG stats (23/9) but rather weak and nothing special when he doesn't have a great hand.

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG calls.

What about the raise? It's a raise for value against the maniac and I can eliminate SB when he is on overcards as I give him bad odds to call and additionally the maniac is there to 3-bet.

River: (10.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Anyone wants to bet this river?

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Aaron W.
09-17-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone wants to bet this river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't bet the river against a very aggressive opponent. I don't think he's calling here with K-high, but as a maniac, he might bluff check-raise with Q-high.

kapw7
09-17-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

... I don't think he's calling here with K-high, but as a maniac, he might bluff check-raise with Q-high.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I thought I took enough risks in this hand.
He showed 75o /images/graemlins/confused.gif

thesharpie
09-17-2005, 09:47 PM
Fold preflop, fold the flop. I like the turn raise.

ArturiusX
09-17-2005, 09:50 PM
I fold every street.

trainslayer
09-18-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold every street.

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't fold the river when checked to. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fryguy
09-18-2005, 01:58 PM
There is no way you can bet this river with A-high after raising the turn with nothing and getting callers. Raising the turn allows you to get a showdown for the same cost as calling twice, with potentially 1 or even 2 less people. Your raise to eliminate opposition worked; don't throw more money into the pot with nothing.

bottomset
09-18-2005, 02:27 PM
um preflop is meh, but I really want to hear why on earth you call this flop with nopair no draw, against someone who has a better hand than you 95+% of the time, and has your A dominated a hell of a lot, and I wouldn't be happy with a 3hitting

I like your FPS look at me, get away with a bad play on a cheap street, steal the pot with garbage on a big street hands, but I wonder how many times you waste 2.5BB pulling these moves

kapw7
09-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Well I was hoping that I would be punished for my FPS and stop doing it but so far these plays have been working very good. I do them only with good reads (or better what I believe is a good read - it might be rubbish)and only occasionally.

Here I agree about the flop call. I thought at the time that SB has probably missed this flop and the maniac has a random hand so I called with 12:1 pot odds (1/2 6max is supposed to be fun as well). Of course the actual (effective) odds are much-much worse.