PDA

View Full Version : betting frenzy quandry...now with hand!!

ubercuber
09-17-2005, 01:41 PM
I have been in a few of these situations where I could call down (I think) with action closing position, but a raise follows my call and then a reraise. I HATE that! This River is F'd up and I left the table pissed off. I don't see what donk-check raise folder is holding...I figured likely AKh after the check-raise, and the reraise made me want to take their cards and punch the stupid one.(which I no doubt will soon see quoted and learn that I am the stupid one!) Could I have folded the Turn? Should I have riased the Turn and folded a reraise? Should I have folded the River? I have no reads...only a few hands at the table. And anger, lots of anger. /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

The hand would help:

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (15.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 21.75 BB

RatFink
09-17-2005, 01:53 PM
All of those options are possibilities. A hand to review would probably help us understand your pain better.

GTSamIAm
09-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Say that again. If you're 3-handed, it's usually not a great idea to call down. Raise or fold are usually your two options on the flop and turn.

string4
09-17-2005, 02:16 PM
*in the dark, plz critique*

I am SOOO raising this turn. Have to charge UTG at least 2 bets to stay in. Even better, might have lost UTG and wound up headsup on the river with better odds and more control over the "frenzy".

Even if UTG does stay in, I'm probably going to SD with this one, too big a pot to fold. Sometimes you are gonna lose ALOT with monsters like AA/KK, sometimes u gonna lose ALOT.

string4
09-17-2005, 02:17 PM
LOL, i meant to say WIN alot on the end. Forgive me poker gods?

GTSamIAm
09-17-2005, 02:19 PM
Raise the turn. You want to give yourself the best chance of shutting someone out, in this case UTG. And you have outs for a gutshot too, so you're not in that bad shape. You might be behind to a two pair, and counterfeit someone.

Fantam
09-17-2005, 02:30 PM
Calm down. I know its annoying when you dont win with AA, but it happens to all of us. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I expect that UTG had a high pocket pair. KK, QQ etc. and that he overplayed his hand by capping the flop and raising the river.

I expect that MP1 probably made a set on the flop, and then always bet when possible not fearing a flush on the river.

I dont think that you misplayed your hand, and expect that I would have played it the same and folded to the river 2 bet.

09-17-2005, 02:35 PM
I think you need to raise the turn. Based on preflop action you have UTG+1 crushed. Plus, it makes the river A LOT easier to play, as MP1 and UTG+1 are not going to raise there without having AA beaten.

As played, I wouldn't feel to bad about folding this river though.

TomBrooks
09-17-2005, 11:13 PM
Turn: Raise it. Hand will play differently from then on.

It seems like UTG might be a donkey and MP1 knew this but you didn't because you just got to the table. MP1 might have only had an overpair between 99 and KK, but most likely KK or QQ. But, we'll never know.

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty....