PDA

View Full Version : Best time to play online poker?

Tekari
05-05-2003, 07:49 PM
What time do you guys find are most profitable online? After dinner? late at night? I guess i am assuming in terms of Eastern Time as I live in New York. Also Fri night and saturday night? What about saturday and sunday during the day? Does anyone noticed looser games/increased win rate during any particular times?

joeypoker789
05-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Good question but hard to answer in a close to zero sum game /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

If you are good then any time there are games running is a good time. And games run all the time /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

gunboat
05-05-2003, 08:48 PM
Same as fishing - when you can.
/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

thwang99
05-05-2003, 10:28 PM
Would you be interested in some sort of graph of win rates at different times/days of the week? - Tony

lorinda
05-05-2003, 11:47 PM
Tony, your data has proved invaluable time and again, something like this would be amazing.

Lori

RollaJ
05-06-2003, 08:04 AM
Try to avoid business hours, thats when the full time players play. Evenings and weekends are prime time, especially when there is a promotion going on at said site (deposit bonuses are good because they send emails to all their players who have lost their money and encourage them to redeposit /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

RiverMel
05-06-2003, 08:16 AM
Nah, there are plenty of european fishies around to make up for the slightly higher percentage of good US players during US business hours. And let's not forget all of the retirees in this country..

FA_man
05-06-2003, 11:42 AM
Well, i live in Israel, and being 7-10 hours ahead of the states is sometimes pretty cool. My best sessions have consistently been on weekend afternoons IE 11am - 3pm my time wich is in the weeee early morning hours in the states. Traffic is a little down, but I think it is worth it because of "compulsive gambler man" who is just barely holding on to consciousness so he doesnt have to "go to sleep a loser"...

-FA_man

beernutz
05-06-2003, 12:19 PM
There are three times when I have found it is very profitable to play.
1. During promotions
2. During promotions
3. During promotions

Why? Because of the overlay and because it brings out the fishiest of the fish.

A. Bonus Ho

jek187
05-06-2003, 01:50 PM
And let's not forget all of the retirees in this country..

And of course the bored housewives.

rusty JEDI
05-06-2003, 02:14 PM
Truepoker was once explained to me to be the land of brokedown housewives. Apparently they like the chat and graphics.

lefty rosen
05-06-2003, 03:24 PM
Hey for the guy from Isreal, that is the best time to play the players from North America are just wingnuts at that time of the day. I can't tell you how many huge pots at 1/2 I won during that time of the day. Also 7 or 8 am on east coast if west coast guys are playing they are usually horrible too.

Tekari
05-06-2003, 03:30 PM
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Theodore Donald Kiravatsos
05-06-2003, 05:58 PM
but I think it is worth it because of "compulsive gambler man" who is just barely holding on to consciousness so he doesnt have to "go to sleep a loser"...

.....who has also been drinking Milwaukee's Best for the last five hours.

"Your excuses are your own" -- Richard Roma

cuscokid
05-06-2003, 06:54 PM
After 6 EST is the best in my opinion and it gets better as the western states (CA) get off work. The times during working hours (US) are pretty tough at least compared to the late afternoons.

gavrilo
05-06-2003, 10:40 PM
I primarily play NL and I find that the best times to play are early evening up til about 3 or 4am Central time. the games really slow down around this time and most of the european sharks are getting up to play.

joeypoker789
05-06-2003, 10:52 PM
Excellent observation.

Yes, during major promos is a great time!! Makes total sense. Thanks for pointing out the obvious!!

HavanaBanana
05-06-2003, 11:05 PM
During the evening US time, and the weekends, the reason being more games to chose from in the weekend.
However you might stumble upon good games at any time, so ANYTIME is the best time to play poker /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

joeypoker789
05-06-2003, 11:47 PM
Any time is only a good time if you are good. If less than good then you want to watch for the wounded fish times /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

TruePoker CEO
05-07-2003, 12:52 AM
Nice line Rusty, but you and I know how many days you login in a given month or so ... I did not think you were a brokedown housewife.

Truepoker CEO

rusty JEDI
05-07-2003, 03:31 PM
Nice line Rusty, but you and I know how many days you login in a given month or so ... I did not think you were a brokedown housewife.

I am surprised that you would evade someone's privacy and mention something that eludes to the number of times I go to a certain site.

However, this is still funny. What makes it funnier is that it isnt me. It is my girlfriend that uses my truepoker account for playmoney. So i guess she is the brokedown house wife. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Unfortunately for you though, when you ran the play chip buyback promotion she couldnt start an account for it nor could my brother because i had played on both the computers they use with my real money account in the past. So instead they headed over to tigergaming, for teh free $25 a few months ago, and have built their rolls up each enough to cash out $100 and move it to a new site. One has chosen party for the numerous .5/1 and the other UltimateBet for the more stages of micros.

CtPokerPro
05-07-2003, 09:18 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I am surprised that you would evade someone's privacy and mention something that eludes to the number of times I go to a certain site

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. If I set up a real account at true poker and enter into a discussion here, I would like to request that the CEO not mention how much I sign in, or even mention that I have an account. This seems like a breach of privacy. Maybe it is not a big deal to others, but it is only my business how much I do or do not play.

Samson
05-08-2003, 10:47 PM
Play when most everyone else is tired. Early morning hours 4am-6am in North America. If you see too many conservative Europeans, then check out the next online room.

thwang99
05-16-2003, 04:46 AM
Ok, here it is, for low limit hands on Paradise, .50-1 to 3-6. Days of the week and time is all in CST. (WARNING, THESE ARE MY RESULTS ONLY, AND NO GUARANTEES YOURS WILL EVEN BE SIMILAR TO THESE, NO guarantee on these numbers for ANY PURPOSE WHATSOEVER) Results are changed but relative to each other they are valid (I don't want to reveal my own data).

http://www.thsoftware.com/winratebydays.jpg

Here's win rate by hour of the day, again, skewed data but accurate relative to each other, and again, in CST (KEEP IN MIND THIS DATA REFLECTS A PST PLAYER, and my SLEEPINESS LATE AT NIGHT! ALSO keep in mind certain hours are played at during certain times of the week, for example, during the week I'm usually not playing cause I'm at work, so most PST work hours will be on weekends, I'm not about to break it down by days of week AND hours, that's too much work. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif ):

http://www.thsoftware.com/winratebyhour.jpg

I don't think the hour graph is useful, since it's not seperated by day of the week. The day of the week graph seems pretty valid though.

P.S. The sites are going to hate me for this, driving down traffic on the "bad" days! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

GrannyMae
05-16-2003, 04:58 AM
that's 10am tony? that is your peak win hour?

thanks

thwang99
05-16-2003, 05:22 AM
Maybe it's because I just woke up and am all refreshed. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I don't know, as I said, the hours chart isn't broken up by days of the week, it's a miss-mash of different hours from different days of the week that shouldn't be combined, so it's not very valid, I think. I'll need to break it up more to be useful. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

But yeah, I should just play at 10am from now on! LOL

GrannyMae
05-16-2003, 08:52 PM
But yeah, I should just play at 10am from now on!

i have always found that there is nothing but grannys and grandpas playing then. the morning rocks are tough to beat. i was suprised to see this. you must be a rock too tony, if you are winning at that hour.

http://e4u.deltait.com.au/dressed/bek064.gif