PDA

View Full Version : what should i have done?

mostsmooth
09-17-2005, 12:12 PM
im leaving home depot. im parked in fron of a mini van that wasnt there when i got there. ive been inside for about 25 minutes. the mini van is running. at least one window is slightly cracked open. i assumed the air conditioning was on, but then why would the window be cracked open? the driver side door appears to be unlocked when compared to the passenger side door. a dog sits on the passenger side seat. he doesnt look uncomfortable. when he sees me he barks occasionally, but the bark wasnt an 'im gonna attack you' bark, it seems more like a 'this is suck' bark.
what should i have done?

rusellmj
09-17-2005, 12:14 PM
I chose "other" beacause I became confused by so many choices.

SackUp
09-17-2005, 12:16 PM
well was the dog going to be hurt? if the van was not there before then the dude was probably just running inside quickly. I would just move on.

touchfaith
09-17-2005, 12:16 PM
Duh, syphon his gas.

I swear I have to do all the thinking around here some days.

jakethebake
09-17-2005, 12:21 PM
Why would you feel compellede to even ask this question. The dog has a window open and probably AC going. You think the dog would be safer running around the parking lot? He's been there less than 25 mins and doesan't appear uncomfortable. Why the hell would you even worry about this, much less make some asinine post about it?

RunDownHouse
09-17-2005, 12:23 PM
Who are you, Pam Anderson? The dog will be just fine. Its a dog.

trying2learn
09-17-2005, 12:38 PM
you should try and squeeze in Bed, Bath & Beyond...if you have enough time.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-17-2005, 12:44 PM
I would whoop your ass if you ever let my dog out into the parking lot at Home Depot.

mostsmooth
09-17-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you should try and squeeze in Bed, Bath & Beyond...if you have enough time.

[/ QUOTE ]
that would be quite a little saturday.

mostsmooth
09-17-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would you feel compellede to even ask this question. The dog has a window open and probably AC going. You think the dog would be safer running around the parking lot? He's been there less than 25 mins and doesan't appear uncomfortable. Why the hell would you even worry about this, much less make some asinine post about it?

[/ QUOTE ]
i like dogs
hed be safer running around than dead in a car
i dont recall the exact info, but apparently temperatures rise lethal heights very quickly.
the window was slightly cracked, and the air conditioning may not have been on.
i watched him for about a minute, if i saw any distress, i was going to check inside for air conditioning, if there was none, the door was coming open.
but then he barked at me again, and i said F you and left.

mostsmooth
09-17-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would whoop your ass if you ever let my dog out into the parking lot at Home Depot.

[/ QUOTE ]
would you put your dog in that position?

jakethebake
09-17-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In general, if the windows are open, the dog will be fine unless it's 100+ degrees or something. Some people just have this idiotic need to stick their nose in everyone else's business. I'm with Patrick. People that do [censored] like this need their asses kicked.

mostsmooth
09-17-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In general, if the windows are open, the dog will be fine unless it's 100+ degrees or something. Some people just have this idiotic need to stick their nose in everyone else's business. I'm with Patrick. People that do [censored] like this need their asses kicked.

[/ QUOTE ]
people that leave their dogs in cars on hot days with a window barely open should have their ass kicked

touchfaith
09-17-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
people that leave their dogs in cars on hot days with a window barely open should have their ass kicked

[/ QUOTE ]

You never mentioned the temp and you said the van was running with the AC possibly on.

What is your problem again?

If you want to complain, syphon his [censored] gas so the van turns off and then call the cops.

mostsmooth
09-17-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You never mentioned the temp and you said the van was running with the AC possibly on.

What is your problem again?

If you want to complain, syphon his [censored] gas so the van turns off and then call the cops.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, i left out the temp. its hot and humid, that sthe best i can tell you.
the van was running, i only assumed the AC was on, otherwise why run the van? but then why open the windows if the AC was on?
again, if the dog looked to be in danger/stressed i was definitely going to do something.
i never complained about anything, just curious about how much others care about animals here.

jakethebake
09-17-2005, 01:18 PM
If the vehicle is running, there are two real possibilities. The owner is just in the store for a minute or the AC is running for the dog. Why do some idiots just look for reasons to do something stupid?

edit: I wish you'd opened the door and the dog had taken your hand off.

meep_42
09-17-2005, 02:33 PM
[censored] that, call the cops. I don't deal with assholes who leave dogs in cars, even for a minute, even with (maybe) the AC on.

-d

mostsmooth
09-17-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

edit: I wish you'd opened the door and the dog had taken your hand off.

[/ QUOTE ]
i had a bat, he had no chance

Tailgunner
09-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Wait for the guy to come out, kick his ass, let the dog out, steal the van so you can follow the guy home and burn the place down.