6 folds
bluefeet: calls 50
Seat 4: calls 40
*** FLOP *** [2h 7s 8h]
bluefeet: checks
Seat 4: checks
Seat 5: bets 160
bluefeet: raises 240 to 400

[well, he didn't wuss on the flop for sure. i was looking to c/r a 1/2 lead or something...but, i was in a gambling mood /images/graemlins/wink.gif hit it hard, dump to a push

Seat 4: folds
Seat 5: calls 240
*** TURN *** [2h 7s 8h] [9c]

[yum! standard check i guess. of course the board is straight/flush'n. his PFr doesn't fit the straight...prob worth the gamble on the flush. BUT, i'm thinking this might be a mistake. for starters, i don't know if a check here--hit river, is all that non-obvious. maybe a weakish "continue from flop..turn didn't help/hurt me" lead might have been better. if he called the flop c/r, he'd prob call another 400 here maybe...]

bluefeet: checks
Seat 5: checks
*** RIVER *** [2h 7s 8h 9c] [4h]
bluefeet: bets 220

[seeing i DIDN'T bet the turn, a weak follow-up to the turn's "just kidding about the flop c/r" seemed in order. a "solid" bet might not get called, a check might not get a lead. this little one is enough to get called just out of curiosity maybe. of course, it might just be the right amount to induce a bluff /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seat 5: raises 820 to 1040 and is all-in
bluefeet: calls 800 and is all-in

of course this is all well & good, assuming he didn't hit the flush on the river. i seriously doubted he'd be pushing that hard if he did.

meh?

durron597
09-17-2005, 10:44 AM
Don't post results!

I like your line though, you can usually discount the flush draw after the flop c/r, though I would make it a little more to be more certain.

webmonarch
09-17-2005, 11:22 AM
Maybe a predictable response, but I definite;y think you want to bet SOMETHING on the turn. Just enough that he's putting in money against his odds.

Especially at these (Stars, I assume) $27s, you still see a lot of gamble in the earlier levels as people try to double up early, so I just don't think you can assume that he doesn't have the types of draws that were out there.

schwza
09-17-2005, 12:22 PM
i'd bet the turn. if he has a hand like JJ you're risking letting him to the showdown too cheaply. what is he calling the flop c/r but not a turn bet? you think he calls the flop with AK? (that's not rhetorical).

citanul
09-17-2005, 12:37 PM
yah. bet the turn. amongst other things, the guy will start to get the feeling that "something's up" when you cr the flop and then check the turn to a blankish looking card. then again, hands he called a checkraise with on the flop are probably almost all calling a bet on the turn. get some money in there instead of letting him draw at whatever for free, even if he's drawing dead, or very close to it, he's likely putting in money here on the turn that you're letting him keep for no reason.

citanul