PDA

View Full Version : How to proceed with this flopped monster

twolf
09-17-2005, 07:10 AM
After feeling burnt out from NLHE and trying to clear 30k raked hands(15k raked hands so far, 24k actual hands so far this month) at MultiPoker I tried to regain some focus by playing PLO and with good results. Of course there are spots that make me feel like a newbie again. This happens to be one of them...

This is at the $25. I get A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button with $30.10.

There are 6 limpers and one fold to me, I raise to $1.25, blinds clear out, one limper folds, 3 limpers call, 1 fold, c/o calls.

Flop is Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif
3 checks, c/o(covers me) bets $2 into ~$7ish pot, I...

I cover the rest of the players in the hand.

09-17-2005, 12:24 PM
While you have the current nuts, you don't have any redraws to better nut hands. You aren't a huge favorite over someone with a set and backdoor flush outs, especially if they also have chopping outs as well.

I think you pot here and and pot the turn on any non-pairing card. Obviously, the best card for you on the turn is a low-mid heart.

Edit: I forgot to add that the worst case scenario for you is that someone has the same straight with backdoor flush out and is essentially free-rolling you.

DRKEVDC
09-17-2005, 12:34 PM
I would pot it right back at him. Most likely you are tied, and he is freerolling to a bigger hand.

liquid
09-17-2005, 12:35 PM
TTP gives him 4 boat redraws.

twolf
09-17-2005, 01:15 PM
How is he freerolling while I have top two, the only card that hurts me is a ten.

I havent looked at twodimes either but i'm probably a big favorite against a set of tens here.

09-17-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How is he freerolling while I have top two, the only card that hurts me is a ten.

I havent looked at twodimes either but i'm probably a big favorite against a set of tens here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a 7 to 1 favourite against a set of tens, and a 2 to 1 favourite against AAxx ds (with two backdoor flush draws).

You're only a 55/45 favourite over a hand like KJxx ds (with two backdoor flush draws).

The only hand you have to fear is AAKJ which is a 2 to 1 favourite over you no matter how it's suited. You have to be pretty paranoid to worry about this hand though.

KDawgCometh
09-17-2005, 04:42 PM
I'd definetly bump it up to $6 here. You'll get a lot of action from a set, and in this game, you'll probably get a fair amount of action regardless because of how dumb many of your opponents are. I don't want to pot it because I don't want to shut out players, but a solid raise here can build a solid pot and we can pot a good turn card

joewatch
09-17-2005, 04:53 PM
I definitely reraise here, to see what I am up against. If you reraised, I don't mind get it all-in here with this rainbow flop. You don't want to get yourself into the situation where the turn and river create a backdoor flush and you have to make a decision on the river. If I had a flush draw, I wouldn't mind playing it slower.

twolf
09-17-2005, 05:13 PM
Given the pot size and I have position, there will be no river play. Money will be thrown into pot by then.

TheRempel
09-17-2005, 08:12 PM
You likely have a small edge here with little to no chance of losing. Push push push.

09-17-2005, 08:30 PM
You may want to call to get more of those limpers in, its $25 so there are people who will call $2 with total garbage, then you can raise the CO all in on the turn with the nut hand (assuming a ten doesnt hit)

joewatch
09-17-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You may want to call to get more of those limpers in, its $25 so there are people who will call $2 with total garbage, then you can raise the CO all in on the turn with the nut hand (assuming a ten doesnt hit)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like that play at all. You are giving somebody with middle set the correct odds to call, and you open yourself to an even money draw on the turn if the set improves to a flush draw.