PDA

View Full Version : AOL IM Buddy List Poll

aK13
09-17-2005, 05:54 AM
Do you have your own screen name listed as one of your buddies (on at least one of your SNs)?

WackityWhiz
09-17-2005, 05:59 AM
yes. sometimes I like to see how long i've been online

LBJ
09-17-2005, 06:03 AM
I think this is common practice. Everyone I know has their own name on their list. Why? I dont know. It's cool, though...

GoblinMason (Craig)
09-17-2005, 07:16 AM
I don't know why, but I like to check if my away message is working...

-Craig

ethan
09-17-2005, 07:34 AM
Yes, because I'm awesome and want to know what I'm doing.

gorie
09-17-2005, 07:46 AM
yes otherwise i have no one else to talk to.

gmrankin
09-17-2005, 08:27 AM
Is it bad if you are the only person on your buddy list?

GoblinMason (Craig)
09-17-2005, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it bad if you are the only person on your buddy list?

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a second screen name then it will look like you have another friend. That's what I do.

steelcmg
09-17-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yes otherwise i have no one else to talk to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this is true for me also.

gmrankin
09-17-2005, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Get a second screen name... That's what I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet! I haven't talked this much on IM ever... I have a new best friend! Thanks!!

mslif
09-17-2005, 10:31 AM
No, I'm too annoying /images/graemlins/frown.gif

BusterStacks
09-17-2005, 10:33 AM
No. I didn't even know you could do this.

YourFoxyGrandma
09-17-2005, 11:13 AM
Having yourself on your buddy list is default.

rlpsjstyle
09-19-2005, 10:46 AM
I do, and my reason is simple.

When AOL instituted the "Warning" system that allowed you to give warnings to the people you were talking to, all of my friends decided it would be good times to randomly warn each other. We didn't know that after a certain level, you can't sign back on for a length of time.

Therefore, I added myself to see my level. If it was too high, I wouldn't disconnect.

Sorry for the long content. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

TheWorstPlayer
09-19-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

When AOL instituted the "Warning" system that allowed you to give warnings to the people you were talking to, all of my friends decided it would be good times to randomly warn each other. We didn't know that after a certain level, you can't sign back on for a length of time.

Therefore, I added myself to see my level. If it was too high, I wouldn't disconnect.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was the same reason I did it. For this same reason, I never use away messages. Since you can only get warned after you IM someone, my friends began IMing people with away messages up and then warning them until they were blocked. So basically everyone within my circle of friends who put up an away message then couldn't sign on for a while. So we all stopped using away messages.

kyro
09-19-2005, 01:10 PM
Yes. And it's at the very top, under the category "Close Friends." Ha!

09-24-2005, 12:40 AM
Nothing to do with the post. Wackywhiz's picture is ridic.

pokerdirty
09-24-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This was the same reason I did it. For this same reason, I never use away messages. Since you can only get warned after you IM someone, my friends began IMing people with away messages up and then warning them until they were blocked. So basically everyone within my circle of friends who put up an away message then couldn't sign on for a while. So we all stopped using away messages.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh how i miss the warn button. anyone know why it doesnt work anymore? what do you have to do to get it to work?

Brainwalter
09-24-2005, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just use an away message, but turn off the auto-respond feature.

Sponger15SB
09-24-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes. And it's at the very top, under the category "Close Friends." Ha!

[/ QUOTE ]

My SN is at the bottom of "The Posse", I also have "SB" and "Poker" as groups.